UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

ONLY 26 DAYS!

Until my first purely historical novel, THE REDEMPTION OF PONTIUS PILATE, is released!

I tried very hard to create an authentically Roman setting for this work, which follows Pilate from his time as a Legate under Tiberius in Germania until his death in 38 AD.  Since little is known of his life outside the 10 years he was governor of Judea, I obviously had to fabricate a biography for him, but I wove him into the events that were happening in Rome and its provinces from the late reign of Augustus until early in Caligula's brief rule.  I sincerely hope some of you good folks will read it and give me some good, honest feedback.

Release date is May 19, from Electio Publishing.  It will be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, as well as directly from my publisher, www.electiopublishing.com

• Like 1

Congrats! Any plans for a sequel?

I should have the final version of my cover art later this week.  My publisher sent me some concepts last week, but I didn't really like the direction they had taken it and sent them back to the drawing board.  I guess that makes me an author prima donna!

This reminds me of when Max Berry was selecting his image art for the book cover of his book "Company", a doughnut with a bite in it, and he had several different doughnuts pictured, and everyone was debating the merits of which doughnut, and the one selected was too similar to another book with a similar doughnut bitten into it. There was legal threats and all, so finally he went for a soggy glazed doughnut, and I refused to read the book as a result cause he gave in. Pussy.

I was really proud of my final cover art.  It was much closer to my original vision - in fact, if anything, it's better.