UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
indianasmith

I Finished My New Book This Week

Last October, I sat down and wrote a prologue -

Nero, addressing the Senate in the wake of the Great Fire of Rome, blames the Christian community for lighting the fires and asks for a Senate decree proscribing all Christians.  He asks if there is anyone there that will speak up for them before the house divides on the issue.

One Senator speaks up.

That was all I had to go on at first - a dramatic moment, but how to get there?  Who was this Senator and why did he become an advocate for the disciples of Jesus?

Twenty-seven chapters and 300 plus pages later, I finished the story Monday night.  It is, in many ways, a sequel to THE REDEMPTION OF PONTIUS PILATE, picking up some 10 years after Pilate's death in 37 AD.  Set in the reigns of Claudius and Nero, LOVER OF GOD is the story of one Roman Senator, Marcus Quintus Publius, and his involvement with the disciples of Jesus and the rulers of Rome.  I'm very proud of how this one turned out; I'm going to let it sit for a bit now, then later this fall I will edit it and send it on to my publisher.  Hopefully it will pass muster and be published sometime in 2016 or 2017.

Yes, he's a pretty major character as advisor/mentor to Nero.  Burrus and Poppaea Sabina also feature in the story, as does Vologases, the High King of Parthia.

• Like 1

Good luck with the book.

I can only imagine how exciting but also how stressful all this can be.

guy also known as gaius

Thanks!  I am lucky enough to have found a publisher who likes my works, so at least that battle is already fought.

It's promoting and plugging that get tiresome.