UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fokke

Journey through Gaul

Hello all,

I'm fairly new here, so I am not entirely sure that this is the right place for this post, but at a glance it seemed like the best bet.

My name is Jesse, and I share your passion for Antiquity. My love for this period goes so far, that I am determined to become an author of historical fiction. Currently, I am travelling through Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany and the UK to visit all the sites which interest me. During my voyage, I am writing a blog which follows the route of my travels exactly, only through the eyes of a Roman/Italian merchant in Antiquity. The story takes place shortly after the Civil Wars after Caesar's death and shows many regions, including Gaul, Belgica and Germania, in great detail. I have chosen to depict this route and age by writing it as a novel, which is updated just about every week. I am very curious as to what you guys think, and all criticism or feedback is welcome!

If you are interested, pay a visit: http://www.ancient-adventures.com, and let me know what you think smile.png

Cheers,
Jesse

• Like 1

great stuff, thanks for stopping by and letting us know about your adventures :)

It figures in the downfall of the Empire in the fifth century.  Interesting to see it in an early story!

The next chapter of Ancient Adventures deals with homosexuality in Antiquity, the Allobrogian Revolt and the horrible Roman defeat at the Battle of Arausio. Check it out: http://ancient-adventures.com/2016/08/10/chapter-xxiii-the-bloody-slaughter-at-arausio/

Don't forget to subscribe to Ancient Adventure's Facebook-page. That way, you'll always know when there's a new story out.