UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Evidence of afterlife for around half of humanity

caesar novus

new study now shows people still experience awareness for up to three minutes after they had been pronounced dead

Of 2,060 patients from Austria, the US and the UK interviewed for the study, who had survived cardiac arrest, almost 40 per cent said that they recall some form of awareness after being pronounced clinically dead.

That is from http://www.nigeriannewspapers.today/2016/08/15/unbelievable-scientists-confirm-you-live-again-after-death/ but other sources add that probably more % "dead" folks experience even longer awareness, but cannot remember so much after being revived due to brain shock. They seem conflicting about whether the brain appears dead to instrumentation during this "afterlife".

Reminds me of folks who wanted an emergency exit door in their coffin or to be beheaded after "death" as a precaution against suffering from premature declaration of death.

That's not evidence of life after death. It's evidence of awareness during the death process. However, having had two quite sincere but strange experiences regarding perceptions, I do not discount out of body experiences, near death or alive, and because I cannot satisfactorily explain those experiences logically, it has formed the basis my religious belief - but I do stress - life is what happens on Earth. Death is the end of that experience. If there's anything afterward, that's not life - it's existence after death. What I'm not going to do is create some strange rationale to ease an instinctive fear of death (and let's face it, the original popularity of Christianity had a great deal to do with the ancient Roman population, of all provinces concerned, being assured that a paradise awaits them after all the dangers and trials of life)