UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Upgrade - Need feedback!

As you might have noticed the forum does look a bit different today! :)

Our previous forum software reached its "end of life", so I had to make a decision either to shut it down or invest money and upgrade it to the newest version.

Even though the forum discussion slowed down considerably over the years, i still believe there is more than enough interesting content and still enough contributors that it deserves to live on in a fresh and secure environment.

So here it is the newest version of our forum software. I appreciate if you guys check it for any bugs and little errors so I can forward it to the developers to iron any bugs out you might encounter!

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

....who noticed...

home page is nho longer wordpress,but also invision forum software, which means better integrated (you already get notification from the forum at the home page for example)

visually not a big step, but technically it is... :)

• 2 years later...

I'm relieved to see that some forums are still Invision. That said, this one is not very intuitive to navigate. I had trouble finding my own account.

What a shame the old Invision smileys aren't around anymore.

• 6 months later...

I am puzzled by the tornado of profile photo updates comprising the majority of the "all activity" page https://www.unrv.com/forum/discover/  . That is the logical page to seek new posts on this forum, yet is clogged by possibly phantom actions in zombie accounts that have no posts and no real activity except perhaps their first day 5 years ago. Is there some software glitch mistakenly tickling these photos, or is there some scheme that benefits from having stored photos ever changing?