UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Forum Upgrade - Need feedback!

As you might have noticed the forum does look a bit different today! :)

Our previous forum software reached its "end of life", so I had to make a decision either to shut it down or invest money and upgrade it to the newest version.

Even though the forum discussion slowed down considerably over the years, i still believe there is more than enough interesting content and still enough contributors that it deserves to live on in a fresh and secure environment.

So here it is the newest version of our forum software. I appreciate if you guys check it for any bugs and little errors so I can forward it to the developers to iron any bugs out you might encounter!

Thanks!

• Like 2

thanks for the feedback,of course it helps when you can reply! :)

fixed! Everyone should be able to reply to this topic now,

thanks!

@Viggen

Nice addition.  However I didn't get a notification that I was tagged ....

Should that happen?

@sonic

at the top there is a bell like symbol, (notifications) there at least you should get a notification?)

Did for this one, don't think I did for the last- but then, I'm getting old now ....  ;)

• Like 1

It works a heck of a lot better than the old software. Thumbs up (or down, if you accept this new fangled interpretation of traditional symbolic getsures ;) )

• Like 1

At some point will the new forum be divided by topics like the old one?

16 hours ago, indianasmith said:

At some point will the new forum be divided by topics like the old one?

I am not sure what you mean by that....

• Like 1

Actually, I clicked on the "Activity" instead of the "Home" page and got a little confused.  It's divided up just like the old forum. Sorry!! LOL

• Like 1

....who noticed...

home page is nho longer wordpress,but also invision forum software, which means better integrated (you already get notification from the forum at the home page for example)

visually not a big step, but technically it is... :)

I'm relieved to see that some forums are still Invision. That said, this one is not very intuitive to navigate. I had trouble finding my own account.

What a shame the old Invision smileys aren't around anymore.

I am puzzled by the tornado of profile photo updates comprising the majority of the "all activity" page https://www.unrv.com/forum/discover/  . That is the logical page to seek new posts on this forum, yet is clogged by possibly phantom actions in zombie accounts that have no posts and no real activity except perhaps their first day 5 years ago. Is there some software glitch mistakenly tickling these photos, or is there some scheme that benefits from having stored photos ever changing?