UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hun skulls force scientists to think twice about how the Roman Empire really fell apart

Viggen

HISTORY dictates that the ferocious Hun tribe brought about destruction that eventually sparked the demise of the Roman Empire.  But hordes of ordinary Romans may have happily left their homes to follow the Huns and their nomadic lifestyles, according to research...

...via SUN

"Ferocious Atilla and his ferocious Huns are often blamed for the fall of the Roman Empire"

Says it all, really.  First there's the misspelling of 'Attila' plus a massive simplification.  Then a more balanced article which notes that the Fall was a complex evolution of events where people interacted in an attempt to survive.  A reason why I'm not a great fan of lazy journalists!  Or should I say, 'Headline Writers'?  ;)

On 25.3.2017 at 4:37 PM, sonic said:

"Ferocious Atilla and his ferocious Huns are often blamed for the fall of the Roman Empire"

Says it all, really.  First there's the misspelling of 'Attila' plus a massive simplification.  Then a more balanced article which notes that the Fall was a complex evolution of events where people interacted in an attempt to survive.  A reason why I'm not a great fan of lazy journalists!  Or should I say, 'Headline Writers'?  ;)

...i guess a bit mor balanced article on the same subject

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ancient-romans-may-have-been-cozier-huns-they-let?tgt=nr