UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Eclipse

Crispina

This current eclipse isn't visible in Britain, but I remember the last full eclipse that was. Sadly typical British weather meant I couldn't actually observe it - but I went outside to experience it alone and the effect was peculiar. There was a silence, even in an urban setting, birds ceasing their constant twittering and immobile, nothing moving. It was all over in a few minutes of course but the experience is strangely profound.

Even tho they called it a partial eclipse for our part of the country, I'd say we got a pretty good show anyway. Lasted from 1:06pm. to about 2:30p on Monday the 21st.  Didn't get dark as in black, but definitely a grayish dark, the temp was 89 degrees but at the maximum you could really feel a drop in temperature.  Apparently I had better hold on to my glasses as Ohio will be in the path of another eclipse, this time total, in 2024. Just hope I'm still around in 7 years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw something odd the other night. The moon was high in the night sky, a bright crescent - but what the.... The bottom corner was apparently lopped off, as if some unseen object was out there between Earth and our favourite orbital body. Or was it a huge terrain feature on the lunar surface as my work colleague suggested? It was a bit unexpected and not a little weird.