UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Time to let go.... Goodbye and hello

Hello everyone,

UNRV has be a part of my life since far beyond 2003 when it officially launched, so to say goodbye is not easy believe me. I struggled the last couple of years with health issues, work and a busy life thanks to my two children born in 2012 and 2015. Time was in the last years always an issue for me, i never had enough time to do the things i wanted to do and eventually there is a point where it is better to find someone who has the time and is able to make hopefully more out of UNRV than i was able to do the last few years...

I am giving the site and all that comes with it to Peter Kay who lives in the UK is a professional website manager for a company and has a big interest in history particularly the ancient Roman period.

I will stick around of course and will assist Peter as much as i can, none of your already submitted reviews are lost and will eventually be published.

It feels weird for the first time ever not be the emperor here anymore :) but how did they sing in Frozen... Let it go......

Feel free to get in contact with me via this forum or viggen@gmail.com

Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been an honor to serve you....!

It's going to feel odd without you running things!  Hope the health issues improve and that when the kids are older and you get more time you'll have chance to increase your input to the site again!

Good luck Peter.  You've got one hell of an act to follow!

Edited by sonic
  • Like 1

Strange that this was posted on November 25, but I'm only getting it today (December 2)...?

Anyway, best of luck to you, Viggen.

• Like 1

Viggen,

Great job on this UNRV site.  I was a reader of this site for many years before I joined some years ago. I have recommended UNRV to other folks with an interest in Roman history. Glad to hear you will still be hanging out here as time permits. You may find me lurking/stalking (reading) around the forums from time to time. I rarely post, but I love the site and the forum. Peter Kay does have some work ahead filling your shoes. Again, Great Job!

Mort Rex   (aka Tim Jenks, aka Magnus Moorman)

• Like 1

Viggen: Good luck and thank you for your work.

Stay healthy.

guy also known as gaius

P.S.: I hope Peter reaches out to us for suggestions to fill the great void as a result of Viggen's departure from the leadership.

Edited by guy
  • Like 1

Hi Viggen -- shock news indeed. You've been fantastic for which thanks, and do keep in touch. Good luck to Peter Kay (about time an English comedian got involved!). Happy to continue contributing reviews.

• Like 1

You have made this a fascinating place to lurk and visit.  It's been a while since I posted, but I had to come back and wish you a fond farewell.

HAIL CAESAR!