UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pompeius magnus

How Did You Come Across This Site

Guest Tacitus

Lucky me...I am member 666.

I came across this site while doing research for an online Role Play game: Roman Legion. If you're interested, check it out--www.romanlegion.com

Looking for info on Roman iconography for ideas on my next tattoo. To see my previous tattoo, check this thread - http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=1772&

I was doing a google search originally for 6th century German strategy texts, and this came up on page 15 or so talking about the byzantines in the forums, I read a little, bookedmarked it, then moved on with no tion of ever getting involved. Then I was going research on Isocrates and Marius, and found a link to the Roman History part of the website, and stated to read it to nights ago (I'm at the end of Sulla's reign right now).

I was so utterly impressed with the writting style, since I'm planning on making a pan-hisorical version of this site talking about historical theorist and generals from the Ancient world to the present towards the end of my Army contract before I go back to college (it's going to be a good four years). You have no idea how utterly impressed I am with this site, I was planning on making mine similar to Sonshi.com, but have broadened my horizons since comming here.

One thing I not planning on making though was is forum, for until I saw this, I didn't think one could manage a forum to make it this professional, I don't think I can duplicate it. I've been coming back everyday since, extreamly impressed.

Who is the founder of this site?

Thanks Osander, as an amateur writer, the compliments are very much appreciated. The site was founded by myself, Viggen (who generally works behind the scenes but has been computer incapacitated for some time), and Moonlapse who makes his presence known on the forum, but also does alot of 'behind the scenes' stuff. (such as the maps).

If you need any help making a transition from the historical content of this site, to the 'theorist' ideas of your own, just speak up. Maybe we can offer help/suggestions, etc.

I found it a while back whilst googling for info on Caesar's Gallic wars. I read the whole site but was unaware of the forum for about 5 months. Then I noticed it and went in...

i did a google search for "the roman empire" for an essay i'm working on

I'm fairly certain I was Googling for info on the First Punic War.

The forums were fairly dead when I first arrived, but were too perfect to pass up nonetheless.

Guest Libertus

I was googling Roman military tactics for an article I'm writing for Wikipedia on military tactics, when I clicked on a link for this site. I was, and am, amazed at the quality of the historical scholarship I discovered, and pleased with the quality of the writing displayed in the historical sections.

Since I'm a lifelong professional writer and a military history buff, I'm pleased to have found this site.

Libertus

I was looking the informations about Roman legion's numeration and found this site.

Yep, same here, for another side project I'm trying. I just joined the forums after having lurked for awhile at the fringes of the site, and am amazed at the quality of writing and the sheer knowledge you people have.

I was just really curious about Julius Caesar's conquest in Gual and also about Constantine, so I randomly searched the internet for good resources and happened to stumble upon this majestic site.

Sorry if I'm being too direct but..why do you have Ada Wong in your signature?