UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sabrina

Is Roman Empire the heritage of Trojan(become Etruscan)

Hi, sorry for my English...but dude, I'm Italian.

As italian I grew up obsessed by Roman Empire, all in Italy is based on Roman Empire.

Bacco is our international god! :lol:

And I was asked me "we come from Ancient Greek"? And I noticed yes...is funny noticed that we are so close to Trojan, for our slang!

But, after all, people tell me that a Enea created Padova...true?

But how is the real history?

And is meaning we re Trojan?

This is why Spartacus were so obsessed with us? Ahahah?!

And it's really funny noticed that Italian politic is still working the same, only without murders! 

Thanks, I hope isn't OT all this...but dude, it's Italy!

Where all happened!

10 hours ago, Sabrina said:

Hi, sorry for my English...but dude, I'm Italian.

As italian I grew up obsessed by Roman Empire, all in Italy is based on Roman Empire.

Bacco is our international god! :lol:

And I was asked me "we come from Ancient Greek"? And I noticed yes...is funny noticed that we are so close to Trojan, for our slang!

Hello!

I truly nope not every troia is Trojan, for the sake of Ilium that was! :D

But, after all, people tell me that a Enea created Padova...true?

But how is the real history?

And is meaning we re Trojan?

The peculiar Roman synthesis of the legend of Romulus with the legend of Aeneas no doubt developed slowly through the centuries with materials which are partly indigenous, partly Greek and perhaps partly Etruscan. It is important as an indication of what the Romans thought about themselves at least from the end of the fourth century B.C. onwards. When the Romans decided that they were ultimately Trojans, they were in effect saying that they were neither Greeks nor Etruscans - an answer in anticipation to the question put by the Greeks whether Rome was a Greek or an Etruscan polis.

So said Arnaldo Momigliano in the revised Cambridge Ancient History. Italy, which itself was populated with a great number of peoples (think Social War), with Gauls north of the Po, has welcomed a great many nations throughout the ages, I think it's hard to say who didn't come to Rome of the Caesars. Juvenal railing about Syrian migrants to Rome in the times of Hadrian sounds distinctly modern. Italians are a wonderful mix. 

This is why Spartacus were so obsessed with us? Ahahah?!

And it's really funny noticed that Italian politic is still working the same, only without murders! 

Thanks, I hope isn't OT all this...but dude, it's Italy!

Where all happened!

The first characteristic of the myth about the foundation of Rome is precisely that it is a myth about a city, not about a tribe or a nation. The citizens of Rome were always conscious of belonging to the comparatively small nation of the Latins which in its turn was identifiable by its specific language, its specific sanctuaries and (at least for a long time) federal institutions. The Roman story recognizes the existence of the Latins and of their centres Lavinium and Alba Longa, but does not explain the origins of the Latins as a whole. Secondly, the Roman legend emphasized in its most authoritative versions that both Aeneas and Romulus had one divine parent (but on the opposite side, Aeneas having a divine mother and Romulus a divine father: Venus and Mars were not unknown to each other in Greek myths). Both were leaders of migrant bands which in turn absorbed alien elements. The ultimate impression the Romans wanted to give of themselves was of a society with divine, but by no means pure, origins in which political order was created by the fusion of heterogeneous and often raffish elements, after a fratricide had marked the city's foundation. 

Momigliano again, and he leaves a distinct impression that he would've agreed with you in general terms. :)