UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hot-air balloon in the Egyptian city of Luxor

guy

Never been in a hot air balloon, too many accident stories keep me away. However, I agree to the right person it would be a breath taking adventure.

Perhaps better than being kidnapped by a camel driver and held for ransom as I was when I visited the pyramids.  Well, sort of. The camel ride was part of the tour. The part where my camel driver led me away from the group and then demanded bakeesh or he wouldn't let me off wasn't. I paid the man. Back on the bus I may not have been the only one. The guide asked if anyone had paid their camel driver "extra" for any reason. I kept silent because I was embarrassed!  No one else raised their hand either. 🤐

Scary story, indeed. I think going on a Nile river cruise would be the extent of my thrill seeking.

We did a Nile cruise, but not on a big ship.  Most amazing was watching the sunset from the boat. One second the sun was above the horizon, the next it literally dropped out of sight.

OT:  Also a small group of us elected to take a bus trip across the desert to Abu Simbel, four hours each way.  The stars in the night sky.....never saw stars like that before and will probably never again. 

• 1 year later...

It is possible to book a hot air balloon ride in Luxor as part of a Nile River cruise package. Many cruise ships that operate on the Nile offer excursions and activities that passengers can book through the cruise line, including hot air balloon rides.

If you are interested in taking a hot air balloon ride in Luxor as part of your Nile River cruise, you should check with the cruise line to see if they offer this activity and if it is available on your specific sailing. The cruise line will typically provide more information about the details of the excursion, such as the duration of the ride, the cost, and any other relevant   information.

It is important to keep in mind that hot air balloon rides in Luxor can be weather dependent, and it is possible that the ride could be delayed or canceled due to adverse weather conditions. It is a good idea to be prepared for possible changes to your plans and to have a backup activity in mind in case the hot air balloon ride is impossible.

Edited by Peter5673
Link removal