UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spurius

Bbc HBO Rome Series

More info on the Firefox theme...

From the NY Times

Deep Focus developed the Rome theme using Firefox developers' kit. People can download the skin when they see an online banner ad on sites viewed by the Firefox browser. Sites with the ads include Salon.com and the New York Times Web site.

The skin should also be available through Firefox's tools menu in "themes." But as of late Monday, it was not accessible.

The Rome series on HBO, which is spending $10 million to promote it, will begin airing Aug. 28

As of today, Tuesday 8/16/05, its still not available for download and I did not see any banner ads on the NYT web site. I didn't go to Salon.com for personal reasons =P.

rtry2lw.th.png

ahh,i dont like it :(

Eww yea, I just got that theme and I don't really like it either. Its...strange. One of those love it or hate it things I guess, but I can't really decide if I love it or hate it.

As I recall... all first run episodes will air at 9 PM EST on Sunday night, but there will be an re-airing each Tuesday.

As for the BBC version... the only information I've been able to find so far indicates that it will air on BBC 2 in the 'Autumn'. Strangely enough the entire BBC family of sites makes very little mention of the show. If anyone has any more details for our UK based community, please provide them.

Also, if anyone has information on when and where the show might air in other countries please feel free to provide that as well.

a nice overview about the show and some infos about he cast are on this page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...t/26/rome.shtml

Canada;

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article965.html

Germany;

PayChannel Premiere will broadcast it in winter and after that free tv channel RTL will broad cast it shortly afterwards...

regards

viggen

If you really want to be entertained, go to Hbo.com and read some of the ignorant posts there on the Community forums. People there don't have a clue about Rome and this makes for some highly amusing posts that will be sure to give all Roman history buffs a huge laugh.

I couldn't resist correcting some of them though.

Hi Favonius Cornelius or Caesarian753,

Somehow, I had the nagging suspicion on reading your various posts that it must be someone from the unrv forum. However, since your handle there is different, I couldn't figure out who exactly.

Nice to have an ally there. Those forums are full of jerks who haven't a clue about Rome or anything connected with Rome.

I think the most ignorant post I saw was someone wishing for Gaius Marius, Marcus Aurelius, Trajan and a few others to appear on the Rome series. Talk about clueless !

Txs for the compliment. Many of my posts were out of sheer irritation, trying to keep people focused on Rome rather than other issues like the cancellation of the Carnivale series, which seems to have a lot of their fans coming over to the Rome forum to air their displeasure at HBO.