UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lacertus

Your Profession.

How you chose your profession? (Or going to choose) what kind of sides of it attracted your attention?

I chose archaeology because it was a tradition of my family. I spent my childhood on the digs between ancient rarities and it was fun for me always.

I'd like to go into politics, because i believe i could do a better job then the future candidates for our country's Prime Ministerial Job, and although my main interest is in history, there's not many jobs along that line offering in Australia.

For now, i'm a bit young to be galivanting off into politics, so i'll just concentrate on my college work

In a few years, any Australians in this thread might remember me lol!

I want to be frank here and the only reason I chose my profession was because of the money and I thought I could make a comfortable living off it, although my heart was never in it.

In my 40's now, I feel the urge to create and do something which I like, which is to be a writer and also collaborate in one of my favorite mediums (comic books or to use a more adult term, graphic novels). I'm collaborating with another writer to produce a series of graphic novels that will chronicle the epic adventures of Caesar's Xth Legion in a graphic novel format, with a dramatic entertaining story. We have now almost scripted the first chapter ( 100 panels ), which will be the first in a 12 part series and this is something I really love, as I can transport myself to that distant time and visualize those epic times in glorious detail. Hopefully, I'll be able to share all of this with you in detail when our series gets published. We are in the process of interviewing various artists right now and if there's any artist out there, who's interested in pitching his or her work to us, send me an email.

I will probably be a businessman because I like to be social. A coffee house or a pub in Dublin will suit me quite nicley! Then when I have enough money I will invest in stocks and take up sheep hearding as a hobby while I watch my children grow on my 40 acer estate. Hopfully from my dividens that I get off stocks and my wife's work I will live a comfortable life for the rest of my days. And then maybe sometime durning my life spanned my religion shall find it home once more on my property and begin to grow....

Sorry about spelling

Zeke

What is it you accually do Ursus??? lol.

I have noticed you have the most skeptical, cynical, yet wise, approach to all matters realting to life's reality :(

Zeke

I'm on the phone all day with angry idiots. Otherwise known as customer service.

Looking for a new job as we speak. :-)

Work sucks :( 10hrs a day 6 days a week,someones got to pay the bills though.

I was in Moscow once as a college kid. Met a couple of those guys. They don't like Americans. But then, they don't seem to like much of anything except vodka.

But the rest of the city was beautiful and cultured. Plenty of young, pretty girls looking for a Western sugar daddy.

Just don't drink the water. The water there is bad. That's why they substitute vodka for water over there.

I'm considering to migrate to Russia and become a Bearded Intelligentsia

If say honesty I live in Moscow and never saw the persons like this. Of course maybe some drunkards only.

I was in Moscow once as a college kid. Met a couple of those guys. They don't like Americans. But then, they don't seem to like much of anything except vodka.

But the rest of the city was beautiful and cultured. Plenty of young, pretty girls looking for a Western sugar daddy.

Just don't drink the water. The water there is bad. That's why they substitute vodka for water over there.

LOL. You are right. Of course. I'm young girl and study in college and have a job besides this. I haven't free time for vodka and a Western sugar daddy. This is one of worthless rubbish which is beneath my notice. I think your opinion about Moscow is one-sided. It is a pity! :huh:

Lighten up, Lacertus. I was being sarcastic. I studied Russian for four years - though I don't remember a bloody word of it. The only thing I remember is "golodnaya utka" or something, which I think means Hungry Duck. It was the name of a nightclub for western tourists.

Anyway, I capped off the experience with a summer in your fair capital. I honestly love Russian culture and the city of Moscow in particular. More beautiful and deeper than anything we have here in the brain dead and spiritually bereft land of McDonalds and Microsoft. And Dostoevsky is still my favorite writer of all time. I'm truly envious of your culture's profound achievements.

I am not, however, envious of your bad water system. So there. :huh:

Sorry Lacertus. It was a joke :huh:

The plan for me was to enlist for a few years and then work as bodyguard to build up a small fortune. I imagined living fairly simplistic and spartan, using my income to invest. I don't have much family, even less friends. So it would be an ideal lifestyle. Eventually, when it's time to build a family, I would look for a different career, something with plenty of family time.

I'm having second thoughts though. It's not that I don't want to go down that path, it's that I wouldn't be able to stay in touch with a very close friend. I really can't accustom to the thought of having to go without her.

So I'm looking for another career path, one with future as well as the oppertunity to stay in touch. Problem is I don't have the financial backing for an extensive education, so I have to do something where I can learn and develop as I go.