UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Newsletter

When this site produced a newsletter, I signed up for it but have not received any. Can anyone tell me what is going on and whether they have received any.

Viggen, who does our newsletter... was without internet access for a couple of months. Hopefully there will be one in the not too distant future.

hi maximus,

yup the last one was on 08.December 2004,

...to be honest, we only want to send out a newsletter if we have something important to say,

there are some interesting developements on unrv.com that might justify a newsletter in the near future, so bear with us!

in the meantime you can read our newsletter archive (in case you havent yet)

http://www.unrv.com/newsletter/newsletter-edition1.php

btw, if you (or anyone else) have suggestions what you would like to see in upcoming newsletters, feel free to post your ideas here...

regards

viggen

I think a quarterly newsletter may be useful, highlighting some topics such as :

1. Upcoming book reviews

2. Literary contests or similar competitions (ancient Rome should, of course, be a subject)

3. Events, festivals, fairs, speeches or other information - if it concerns Rome

4. Member contributed articles on specific topics (by invitation - you could ask for essays on particular topics of interest)

5. Top 5 posts (maybe based on content or number of comments or some such thing)

6. Suggestion box for next newsletter ( you could invite readers of the first newsletter to send their suggestions of what they would like to see in the newsletter)

Anyway, this is my 2 c.. on this

Thanks Skarr for your suggestions :)

We just sent out the 4th editon of the UNRV Newsletter, if you havent received it yet then check your spam box :blink:

All Newsletters are archived and can be found online