UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Book Reviews By Forum Members

Great idea.

One thing I would like to see is more books related to cultures from the Forum Peregrini. I know you recently handed out one on Carthage. I'd like to see the occasional book on Ancient Greece and the Hellenistic kingdoms, the Celts and the Germanic tribes, etc.

Edited by Ursus

I probably could do some from my library, Ursus,at least those which are in English. Yet it'll have to wait for 1) the books coming my way from UNRV 2) my library furnitures to be finally built (should take about one week) and supplied with the content of the various bags and crates full of books that are taking all the space in my flat ! :)

Well, I'll gladly read your reviews, Bryaxis.

But I meant I was hoping Viggen could secure a few books on foreign cultures for free giveaways.

I've no objection to more of the Forum readership submitting reviews providing they fit into one of the forum peregrini areas of close 'time' association to Rome. In fact if anyone is worried that they only have books which have already been reviewed I do not see this as necessarily a problem. Having more than one opinion of a book can be an advantage for a new reader who is uncertain if they wish to spend X amount purely on one person's opinion.

The other obvious advantage is the more people who have done at least one review for the site - the wider UNVR can distribute books/ articles for future reviews.

That way more of us will have the opportunity to increase our library holdings for a litle quid pro quo but for anyone interested you may find the the 'How to write a review' thread worthwhile reading for basic instructions. :thumbsup:

If UNRV expands the number of reviews it offers in too large a way it might become necessary to re-organize the way the reviews are accessed by ordering them a bit more than is currently the case...

@Ursus,

yeah i am on to it...

@Bryaxis

i dont think we want to have more then two revies per week ever, i want to give each book, reviewer, publisher, author that is reviewed good exposure,

it is not our intention to be a mass review destination, two week and we have around 100 reviews per year, sounds like a nice number to me...