UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Book Reviews By Forum Members

We are happy to announce that our second Book Give Away has been reviewed!

Forum Member Skarr, who received a free copy of The Fall of Rome And the End of Civilization by Bryan Ward-Perkins, just submitted to us his article.

The Fall of Rome And the End of Civilization

Thank you very much Skarr, very nice review indeed!" :lol:

cheers

viggen

We are happy to announce that our second Book Give Away has been reviewed!

Forum Member Skarr, who received a free copy of The Fall of Rome And the End of Civilization by Bryan Ward-Perkins, just submitted to us his article.

The Fall of Rome And the End of Civilization

Thank you very much Skarr, very nice review indeed!" :lol:

cheers

viggen

Thanks for the compliment, Viggen. One errata in my article - I will PM the sentence to you so that you can correct, if possible.

I have post staff duty tommorow, I'll try to write one or two reviews. I don't want a book sent to me unless it's a E-Book, I got too many books as it is and already ran out of room a while ago.

Can I also submit a review on a portion of a book, like Mahan's introduction to his book "The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783", it deals extensively with the Punic wars, but the rest of the book does not.

I have a review but it's *really* short, less than a page (reason being it was originally an English project, and that was the assignment.) would anyone like to see it?

I have post staff duty tommorow, I'll try to write one or two reviews. I don't want a book sent to me unless it's a E-Book, I got too many books as it is and already ran out of room a while ago.

Can I also submit a review on a portion of a book, like Mahan's introduction to his book "The Influence of Sea Power Upon History, 1660-1783", it deals extensively with the Punic wars, but the rest of the book does not.

Dont worry Onasander, only Patricians qualify for free books! Once you are there we can discuss the details :lol:

Depends how long that part is, i mean 10 pages of it wont be enough i fear...

I have a review but it's *really* short, less than a page (reason being it was originally an English project, and that was the assignment.) would anyone like to see it?

sure send me or pp a pm with the review and we can then decide if it is long enough or not...

cheers

viggen

We are happy to announce the UNRV Book of the Month "November" give away...

69 A.D.: The Year Of Four Emperors by Gwyn Morgan

The Patricians decided that it is "germanicus`" turn, the book has been already shipped his way... :)

I hope it will be an enjoyable read and looking forward to his review...

regards

viggen

Got it half way done. I picked on old penguin classic book, actually two in one, the Jugunthine War & Conspiracy of Catiline, I finished the rough draft for the Jugunthine war, not only did I review the book but also wrote a brief essay on it's importance and the events that take place; as to Catiline.... we'll, I just got writers block cause I really deep down inside care not for that story, and resultingly have been dragging on writting it... just much more attacted to the Juguntine war. I'll try to have it ready before Christmas, along with an Essay/Review on Petronius' Satyricon (but only on the pre-condition that I don't get banned for that one, given the subject matter!). I'm planning to use them as sources in my upcomming American Government class during Christmas break, so might as well write a quick review of them.

Have any members tackled Dalby's "Empire of Pleasure's?' and do they have any thoughts on this work?

We are happy to announce the UNRV Book of the Month "December" give away...

The Fall Of The Roman Empire: A New History Of Rome And The Barbarians by Peter Heather

The Patricians decided that it is "Virgil61`" turn, the book will shortly be shipped his way... :D

I hope it will be an enjoyable read and looking forward to his review...

regards

viggen

any chance i could get in on the reviewing? i could do with some more books.

hi wowotius,

sure, just write a review from a roman book you already read, and/or write an interesting well researched article or just hang out a while at the forum and contribute with lots of meaningfull posts, and one day you might be a Patricians and eligibable for the Book Giveaway...

cheers

viggen

hi wowotius,

sure, just write a review from a roman book you already read, and/or write an interesting well researched article or just hang out a while at the forum and contribute with lots of meaningfull posts, and one day you might be a Patricians and eligibable for the Book Giveaway...

cheers

viggen

So who is in charge of promotion?

So who is in charge of promotion?

the Triumvirate...

regards

viggen