UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Upgrade

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i checked the stats, about 500 people have made at least one post or more, so thats actually pretty impressive

lurking and not posting is a normal phenomenon that happens to all forum, many just prefer to read...

if anyone has an idea how to encourage our silent readers to step up and start posting, feel free to post your ideas...

regards

viggen

In the process of upgrading and testing we've learned that there is no available reputation mod for the new version of the board. Unfortunately we're going to have to scrap it. Admins and mods can issue warnings to individuals and there will be 'warning indicators' that are visible to each member, but they can only see their own.

Unfortunately Ursus just made several large content requests involving reputation, but I'm sure we can find an alternative incentive.

No worrys. If people will produce only for reputation points, do we really need to see it? ;)

I'm working on some stuff right now for the Post-Roman forum. Maybe the upgrades will be through by the time I brush it up. Here's hoping...

Primus, I think you raise an important point here and so does Viggen, as a number of people prefer to 'lurk'. Maybe they are shy, maybe they are lazy, maybe they just prefer to read or maybe, they have nothing to say or don't want to say anything.

Apart from offering a sort of incentive to people who post (like additional features - I think that is a great idea), we can have a poll or a yes / no questionnaire sent out to people who have registered but haven't posted once (in say, two months) to ask them (in a non threatening way obviously) very politely their reasons for not contributing to the Forum and whether there's anything that we need to do in order to encourage them.

The forums have finally been upgraded!

Galleries and blogs can only be created by admins and mods at the moment, until we decide how the permissions will be distributed.

There is a known issue with the emoticons in the old posts not being parsed correctly, I am currently finding out how to remedy the situation.

Other than that, if you see any colors or images that dont match or weird errors, you can post here or send me a PM.

Reputation is gone, replaced by the new forum's default warning system.

In order to control access to the gallery and blog functions we built a new user group called 'Citizens'. 10 regular forum members have been temporarily promoted to give us a little test group. More members will be added shortly after we get some feedback on how this stuff is working out.

Those of you who have been upgraded have received a PM. This is not intended as a slight to anyone... just want to work out any kinks that there may or may not be with a small group rather than the alternative of trying to locate and fix alot of problems at once. :D