UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Forum Upgrade

Emoticons in old posts are fixed, BTW. I just had to upload some old file structure so the image links were actually pointing to something.

Also, for those of you with blogs you can create custom content blocks with links, etc. It's all there in the controls.

You should make the option to create a gallery or upload an image available on the main Gallery page, because currently it's very hard to find (I found it by accident after I'd given up looking for it)

I might. Right now, only the 'Citizen' group can create galleries. This can be done by following the 'My Controls' link in the header.

EDIT: I've added a direct link to the Gallery controls from the Gallery.

I might. Right now, only the 'Citizen' group can create galleries. This can be done by following the 'My Controls' link in the header.

EDIT: I've added a direct link to the Gallery controls from the Gallery.

14259[/snapback]

Smooth and easy. Good job. Thanks Moonlapse!

....now to get some stuff worthwhile so I can post more....*grumble*

Moon, I've noticed with the new private message notification (on the top of the forum), the bottom border is sort of pinkish. I've sent you a PM, so you hopefully see what I mean.

Yes! We have more perfected design and more interesting abilities now.

Thanks! It was great present!

In the 'about me' section of the blog, the ability to fill in the information panel seems to be missing? Am I missing something?

EDIT:

The 'About Me' information section of the blog gets filled in directly by your forum membership info. This includes home page, birthday, location and interests. If you wish to edit what is viewable to the public you must change your forum membership info.

The text part of the about me part can be changed within the blog menu.

An issue for people to be aware of in the gallery. Apparantly you can set your gallery to be private, and if you do so it is obviously not viewable by the rest of the community, which goes against the whole purpose of the gallery anyway :D

Moon I looked but as I am umm, challenged, I wasn't able to find a way to shut this off. =P

Moon, looks like at least two threads got whacked by the conversion...

Your Profession and How did you come across this site.  I can't seem to correct the problem.  The last post of each thread seems to have been corrupted.  I can't edit or delete them or moderate the thread.

14277[/snapback]

The problems in these posts were caused by incorrectly escaped HTML notes for quoted text in the old forum posts. If anyone sees any more thread where the post numbers (the sequential numbers in the top right of the post) are missing a section of replies, perhaps 3 or 4, let me know!

There are in fact very many of these threads Moon. In the 'Empire' and 'Temple' sections alone I have edited about 30 posts and that is only going back a few pages. It seems that any old threads with quotations within them could potentially be affected.

I may be being a bit dense, but I can't seem to comment/reply to anyone's blog.

You do just hit add reply or comment, write it and send it ...correct?

If not, color me stooopid :bag: