UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hbo Rome and... BBC too

Virgil61

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that news.

It looks impressive - role on August (or whenever the series reaches the UK on dvd!!).

Do you know whether the episodes are the uncut (US) or cut (UK) version? I believe for instance that much was cut when shown on the BBC from episode 1.

Are there other restorations or deleted scenes provided?

It was an impressive series anyway, but added material can only make it more so IMHO.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

Phil

Thanks for that news.

It looks impressive - role on August (or whenever the series reaches the UK on dvd!!).

Do you know whether the episodes are the uncut (US) or cut (UK) version? I believe for instance that much was cut when shown on the BBC from episode 1.

Are there other restorations or deleted scenes provided?

It was an impressive series anyway, but added material can only make it more so IMHO.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

Phil

I would think that it would have the full episodes, and it does say that there is bonus material for each episode. It sounds like all I could ask for and more. I've already got it marked on my calendar, LOL.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIAJTFpdaW4&search=hbo%20rome

just in case you havent found this...

I read today (Sunday Times Magazine) that James Purefoy (Mark Antony) has signed a 5 year contract for the HBO production schedule for Rome. So it looks like we are in for plenty of entertainment.

Which would suggest that the second series will NOT end with Actium.

On the other hand could the quote have meant Purefoy has signed up for other HBO work - I see he is in a new series on BBC about Beau Brummell?

I read today (Sunday Times Magazine) that James Purefoy (Mark Antony) has signed a 5 year contract for the HBO production schedule for Rome. So it looks like we are in for plenty of entertainment.

I think its an indication of the trouble HBO had with the "Sopranos". They didn't sign the actors to long term deals and when the show took off in popularity, HBO was forced to pay some very large contracts. The signing of Purefoy isn't necessarily an indication that Rome will continue beyond the 2nd season, but it is a clear indication that they are thinking ahead and will be ready if it does.

Guess they will re-cycle him as another character or we are in for a LOT of flashbacks lol

• 1 month later...

My First Series box set is on its way!

The Box is here! I am frantically ripping it apart in the manner of Homer Simpson. Ive already broken two teeth.

Very nicely packaged! updates on extras as I progress through the box!

Alas! I feel your pain.

Ok twenty minutes into the first episode , and I ask why on earth did anyone bother to cut out the "politics" from this episode ? The charachters (Cato, Pompey, Cicero) are already given much fuller personalities by the inclusion of a few deleted scenes, and the dialogue in the deleted (edited) scenes is impressively non-hammy .

There is an "all roads lead to Rome" historical extras interactive menu, this points out snippets of interesting info during the episodes -nothing too taxing but some nice little tidbits.