UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Zeke

The History Of Unrv

I haven't seen some of the Old Timers in ages. I suppose as many of them are school age, the school season has taken their time. At least I hope that rather than lack of interest is the reason. Fatboy is still around, which is good. I miss Scanderberg and a few others.

On the other hand, we get new members everyday. We will reach 1000 members by the end of the year. Maybe the 1000th member should get a free balloon, or something.

What did you original fellows do for christmas '04 and the new year? Did you have any great online christmas meets etc.?

I can't remember if we did anything special. I suppose we all had real world obligations.

Believe me though .... after a few hours of my extended family I'd much rather say to Hades with the Christmas season and come online for a bit.

So this site IS the United Nations of Roma Victor. How come the Roma Victor aspect faded away? Does the game play any role here any more, and if not should the name be changed?

Other than offering a historical resource as background for the game, there never was any real connection between the game and the 'Roman history' of this site. Viggen originally started this as a resource for the game and it evolved into what it is when Moonlapse and I joined in. In my own opinion I've always felt that the connection takes away from the work that's been done here (has a less scholarly feel) and have never liked the name in any way, shape or form. (though I still support the game development earnestly). It is what it is however, and it was in place long before the site evolved into what it is. The name will never be changed because of various search engine indexing issues, etc.

Good Morning!

I have never heard of the game, I guess I need to leave the mountains more often! :)

I, for one, am very pleased to have found this site. I very much enjoy discussions on Roman history. The members of this group are very polite and knowledgeable, thanks! I enjoy writing very much, for years, pre-internet, very few people ever saw my writing, only third string editors right before they fired off a rejection letter. It is very nice to share what I have to say with people of like mind, and to have my words well received. ROMA VICTOR!

Pax

Video Games? Does Roma Victor come in an Atari version? I spend most of my free time either reading history or staring at my Roman coin collection. Great Forum even if I never heard of the game that inspired it, thanks Viggen! :)

Good Morning!

I have never heard of the game, I guess I need to leave the mountains more often! :)

I, for one, am very pleased to have found this site. I very much enjoy discussions on Roman history. The members of this group are very polite and knowledgeable, thanks! I enjoy writing very much, for years, pre-internet, very few people ever saw my writing, only third string editors right before they fired off a rejection letter. It is very nice to share what I have to say with people of like mind, and to have my words well received. ROMA VICTOR!

Pax

Video Games? Does Roma Victor come in an Atari version? I spend most of my free time either reading history or staring at my Roman coin collection. Great Forum even if I never heard of the game that inspired it, thanks Viggen! :)

Roma Victor is a massively multiplayer online role playing game designed for the PC. You can learn more about it here:

http://www.roma-victor.com/

Please do join us!

I used to be something of a roleplayer and creative writer. If I had more time I might join Roma Victor. But I don't.

As for UNRV, it's obviously grown leaps and bounds over whatever it's original premise was. It's shaping up to be the premier Romanophile site on the web.

I haven't heard of Roma Victor either, but it is interesting to learn how much UNRV has evolved from a website devoted to a game to (as mentioned above) one of the leading Roman information resources on the web.

Im glad Tobias , Ursus and Flavius didnt know about the game because I felt a bit foolish not knowing it existed.However the site lead me to getting Rome (total realism) and though im not the game player I was ive enjoyed it very much.

This site is a credit to its creators.

Edited by Pertinax

For those of you who missed the Spartacan Rebelion, you didn't miss much. Just some chronic poster who had a large male apendage pertruding from the middle of his forehead.

And...

Christmas=Saturnalia in these parts ;-)

Edited by P.Clodius

lol, i got here just after the Spartacus debarcle i believe. That's probably why i only know of him as a Damnatio, because i got to read a lot of his posts before they were removed.

I see that the 1000th member milestone approaches.

and arrives as I speak! :):D

Edited by Pertinax