UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lost_Warrior

Gallery

Thank you for your comments-my ISP failed for a while so I was unable to reply to the tread till now.

Germanicus-my location is in terms of the images posted is nearest to Castercliffe and Pendle Hill they are close by , Ribchester ( Bremetennacum-a settlement of Veterans, cavalry mount breeding area and policing point to keep possible sedition under control) is 15 minutes by car and York (Eboracum-Legionnary Fortress and Civitas laterly walled medieval City is 60 miles away).

I only wish my photos of Herculaneum and Pompeii were digital , they have not been improved by scanning from indifferent negatives, so I console myself with a projected journey to Neapolis.

I wish to publicly thank Moonlapse for fixing the Gallery upload problems I had earlier today.I though id lost a whole album! In his honour I shall now place the begnin features of a local Celtic deity in my favourite album, this in symbolic acknowledgment of his serene compusure in the face of technological complexity.

I went over to Ribchester today to get some updated photos but the museum's internal lighting is rather harsh ,so the altar to apollo [dedicated by the Sarmatian cavalry in AD241 (Gordian 3rd), the unit being "Gordian's Own" ( dedicated by Julius Antoninus , centurion 6th Legion (Victrix) from Meltene -commander and prefect)], still makes no appearence in my album of artefacts and sites.

Edited by Pertinax

A note here that is pertinent to my album "Roman Herbal" in the Gallery . The plants I mention and show here are ancient and modern day medicines.some plants continue in use from that time to the present day ,though with altered use and perception of quality or indeed deeper understanding of ancient lore. The information on these plants in relation to toxicology is freely available in books and on the internet. Plants contain an awesome array of deadly and psychotropic agents, just because they are now subsumed into synthetic medicines does not deny potency. Galen comments on the Nightshade and its potent powers for example. So understand the power of nature and realise that Brigantia (or whoever your tutelary deity is, ancient or modern) is both preserver of life and destroyer of the meddlesome.

The resource is for those respectful of nature, She is not a sweet lady but a Strong Mother

Edited by Pertinax

Just wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly or if there's an image size limit. I successfully uploaded one photo, but every time since then I get a "Cannot find server" windows error page. I'm using exactly the same PC.

Just wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly or if there's an image size limit. I successfully uploaded one photo, but every time since then I get a "Cannot find server" windows error page. I'm using exactly the same PC.

try to upload a small photo, if it works then you know it is the size file limit that is causing it...

regards

viggen

I had to trim all pics to 800 by 600 to get the server to respond-thats abig shrink if you are using anything over 5mega pix.