UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Your Ideal Empire!

G'day Everyone!

If you were in a position in any age in history (ancient, dark, mediaeval etc.) to seize power of territory, how would you structure your own ideal country?

Where is your nation? How is it governed i.e. monarchy, republic, imperial empire? How is your country and power protected? Who are your allies? etc. etc.

Myself, i'd be interested in a kind of sea empire like the British Empire, naval oriented at least, i just wouldn't follow some of the more ridiculous policies of the British Empire :D

This will probably be viewed as a pointless exercise, but one's imagination will grow vindictive and unwilling to work if not used on a regular basis, so that's my excuse for this post :lol:

I would start an empire with me as emperor. I would make my army predominatly land based. I would strive constantly to make my empire bigger and as Julius Caesar said 'the best death is an unexpected one', I wouldnt care if i was assasinated just for the power that those sort of people had!!

I'd choose despotism. I would be unquestioned monarch with a system of buereaucrats to run the day-to-day operations and legal matters...with myself having the power of life or death over them during job review times :blink: They had better meet my criteria for efficent and honest work or the axe...and I'd let them pocket "bonus" money if they complete projects under budget.

As far as heirs go, I'd celebrate my 60th birthday with a battle of my potential heirs. They and their 1,000 men would battle at one place with the winner/winners gaining the position. If they want to split the power and work together, so be it. They'll get their chance to rule after I'm dead.

:pimp:

I would establish a self sustaining town environment much like M. Night Shamawhat'shisname's 'The Village' and establish a pure feudalistic monarchy, complete with castle, alligator filled moat and all the trimmings.

Next I would explain very carefully to my wife that the survival of the kingdom was absolutely dependent upon the emigration of many beautiful young Swedish women....

And thus ended the rather tumultuous reign of King 'Swedish Loins' Christopher. Hopefully my sons can find something to do with all these blond girls....

And thus ended the rather tumultuous reign of King 'Swedish Loins' Christopher. Hopefully my sons can find something to do with all these blond girls....

If not, I'm sure my son could. If nothing else to change his diapers right now. Later, well....

:pimp:

I would carve out the North Eastern United States (Mid Atlantic, Great Lakes, New England) along with the Eastern provinces of Canada if they wanted to join.

I would call this ... Atlantica.

We would be known for a sizeable economy along with relative social diversity and tolerance. We would combine a president and a multi-party democracy like they do in France. There would be relatively limited government in both economic and personal spheres, and a complete separation of church and state.

All Atlantica troops overseas would be withdrawn. Instead we would beef up internal law enforcement and intelligence to deal with any terrorist threats. Since there wouldn't be any Atlantica troops within 5000 miles of Mecca, perhaps terrorism wouldn't be a major concern to begin with.

We would strengthen trading and political ties with Western Europe, as the "establishment " in Atlantica is noted for being old money with close ties and heritage to Europe. We would try to institute a North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement to replace the now defunct North American Free Trade Agree ment.

What happens to the rest of North America is open to question. I suspect that the West and the South would separate to form Pacifica and Dixie, respectively. We would maintain trading relations with Pacifica and Dixie if it suited our purposes. However, given the cultural and political differences that Atlantica has with Pacifica and Dixie, it is doubtful that a political reunion would ever be tempted again. If we looked for allies, it would be with Europe, specifically Britain.

I've been putting a lot of thought into this, if I was to pick any point in time/place, I would establish myself as the Duke of Alaska if the mainland was ever nuked and the U.S. collapsed. Alaska ironically, may be left untouched due to the ABMs we've built up here. If it happed today, I'd give the govenment a couple of years to reorganize, but if it failed to thrive, I'ld probably would take over Camp Black Rapids (It's a cold weather/mountain military school isolated, but next to one of the two main highways between Fairbanks and Anchorage) and barricade the road, and get a couple of buddies together to patrol the highway/tanaka river in a couple of old world war two propeller planes. My initial taxation would be from the tolls, benifiting mostly the locl villages along the highway. From them, I would enlist volunteers to take the other highway, thus severing not only anchorage from the inland population, but would make Fairbanks either attack with thier strykers down an extreamly narrow corridor where I would possess the air superiority, or give in via tribute as well as recruits.

Once I control Central Alaska, I would lay claim to the pipelines and due a show of air power on the north slope, my newly mented paratroopers, using smoke jumper equipment to seize the facilities n the north slope. Anchorage would surely respond by attacking, pushing me back to fairbanks, but my Strykers, which Anchorage would lack, would do a river run south and crawl along till it got close enough to Palmer (my air superiority would have kept recon from sending word... the planes in anchorage having long ago being destroyed in my attacks) to gain a strategic advantage in holding the plains, as well as access to a port to offload oil from tankers. From this location, I'ld sally forth, periodically leveling fortifications and allowing them to try to attack me, weakening their resolve. From Palmer, after a few years raiding distant anchorage of it's technologies and weakening it's defenses, I would storm the mountains above it's plains with my strykers, reopen the silos, fortify the passes, and deploy artillary/howitzers above the city, launching a few salvos onto the mudflats next to the docks. Cut off from their food supply inland, lacking tradeable oil and their docks threatened, it would be only a matter of time before they surrender.

As to my management style... Alaska being highly isolayed, rich, and militarily powerful... yet lacking the population or will to use it's military, would turn me into a isolationalist. I would maintain trade with what's left of the pacific realm, over time establishing a new republic with military owning everything, which wouldn't be too much of a cultural shock for Alaskans.

My leadership style is shown from the country I have on Nationsates.net

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index....=display_nation

I had a nation at NationStates called Aeternitas which died a long time ago, unfortunately. Due to lack of time I left my citizens in a total anarchy so they started killing each other and eventually gave the government to a neofascist party. LOL. I didn't know the site was still up =) I had a lot of fun with Aeternitas (holy empire of Aeternitas, to be precise :P ).

<<<<Myself, i'd be interested in a kind of sea empire like the British Empire, naval oriented at least, i just wouldn't follow some of the more ridiculous policies of the British Empire>>>> ...; and Just What would those Ridiculous Policies Be?.

Myself:

circa 500 BC in the Mediterranean . By empowering; the Laws of Justice , empowering those laws that includes and Rights of Free Speech, includes rights of free will , that these basic rights having been empowered at an early age, and assured for all citizens ; that through providing all persons with the

My Ideal Empire would be one ruled by me. It is constantly expanding and would be based in Europe for Europe is the most beautiful place in the world. I would have wars constantly as is the basis of a Empire for the nessasary expansion. I would rule as Empeor over the whole affair and have my generals and elected politians run things and I'm there to keep things in line, the political system is nessicary to keep the masses in line with a sense of "freedom"

I would then have my scientist master the art of human cloning and then select the top 1000 best looking people in the world, they become the army, the navy, the airforce, the marines, and run everything as the endless mindless slaves of the empire. PLEASE NOTE: this is clones we are using which have been geneticaly modified so they have no feelings, not normal every day people. They are used as all labor and such and such

Fortunetly, once this is in place I am unoposable with my endless sources of clones and will eventually conquer the world. I will then....well um...haven't quiet gotten past that part in my take over the world scheme yet, but its sure to work.....I think.....oh well.....

I had a nation at NationStates called Aeternitas which died a long time ago, unfortunately. Due to lack of time I left my citizens in a total anarchy so they started killing each other and eventually gave the government to a neofascist party. LOL. I didn't know the site was still up =) I had a lot of fun with Aeternitas (holy empire of Aeternitas, to be precise :P ).

I just signed up with the nationstate thingy yesterday. Looks like fun and maybe a few people taking it a bit too seriously. I'm the 'Republic of Plastic Flatware' based on the first thing I glanced at while typing.

<<<<Myself, i'd be interested in a kind of sea empire like the British Empire, naval oriented at least, i just wouldn't follow some of the more ridiculous policies of the British Empire>>>> ...; and Just What would those Ridiculous Policies Be?.

Don't get me started on that subject Segestan :P

I just signed up with the nationstate thingy yesterday. Looks like fun and maybe a few people taking it a bit too seriously. I'm the 'Republic of Plastic Flatware' based on the first thing I glanced at while typing.

Yes, some people totally miss the point of the whole site..I think people with a good sense of humor will find it brilliant, it's hilarious =)

I also signed up a few days ago... I am the 'Dominion of The Red Scary Dragon'

Red Scary Dragon

My people will face certain oppression... poor bastards.

If we get some more, we could start a UNRV region.