UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sextus Roscius

What Would You Be In Roman Society....

What would you be in Roman soceity, any era, job, class, or stature you would want to be in Rome. Describe what you would want things to generaly be like and such.

Personaly, I would like to be a banker durring Agustus's rule. A member of one of the more successfull but not inceribley well know, some what like the Caecilii of Pompeii. I would want to have a fairly nice town house but would spend most of my time in a villa out in the countryside, preferably tuscany or in the area around Naples. I would want to have a nice family, a wife and a son preferabley along with a good commidation of slaves so I didn't have to do anything becuase I'm lazy. All of these would let me have a fairly laid back lifestyle. Praise Bacchus!

Thats just me though, what would you want to be

Thats just me though, what would you want to be

A troubled individual wishing only to be unknown for his past involvement in failing in trying to save the emperor from a upsurper, then learning, as Jean Claude Van Damn does in most every movie, that the repemption of my soul will come only through vengence via lots and lots of kicking.

Sounds fun, but not so much on the kicking, I'm not too good at that.

Alas, my heart lies with technology and other such things, I'm not so great at the things outside.

A gladiator, or a legionary. Someone who fights :D

Seriously though. A simple life, and the type of comradery that can only come of bonds forged of blood.

Fun, but if your hurt badly, your hurt badly. No real path to health once you've lost a limb. Still would be fun, if I was in the army I would be a centurain or tribune. Not a front line soilder..........Then again, I'm sort of a wuss.

Any one else?

A historian, without a shadow of a doubt :)

I'd love to be around to record the glory years of the empire and write my own personal philosophies. That way 2000 years later, an ancient roman historian called Tobias would be referenced and quoted on this website :D

I'd be an Emperor. I'd innitiate building works of greater grandure any previous Emperor. The main statue of my divine personage would be 100m tall and covered in gold.

i know this is going to sound weird but i would probably be a Court Eunuch. It would be a cool job being very wealthy and high up in the government. It would be good if u take out the castration part of it. I would probably be around in the Byzantine era.

I would be an educated Greek aristocrat in the civil service of the Eastern provinces. Perhaps as a member of the local boule advising the Roman procurator. I would enjoy the riches and culture of the ancient East. And no matter the problems in the West, I would be content knowing that the East would go on.

A historian, without a shadow of a doubt

I'd love to be around to record the glory years of the empire and write my own personal philosophies. That way 2000 years later, an ancient roman historian called Tobias would be referenced and quoted on this website

You are lucky, you get to write about the world today. Soviet Union collapsed, Ice cap is melting, America is romping, let's not forget me.... what more can you ask for?

LOL

The problem is that these days the wars are a bit "been there done that", and not as interesting as some of the Roman conquests. However, there are plenty of other things worth recording (no i don't necessarily just mean you Onasander :D)

A centurian of the late Republic or early Empire who in retirement writes a history of his campaigns.

I would want to be a Celtic man in living in Gaul somewhere around the South Coast are Nobres. I would want to own several farming estates and I would sell the three main commadoties to the cities: Wine, olive oil, grain. I would want to belong to the Esquriean class (Or however you spell it) I would want to have a large family and have a semi powerful position in the province of Gaul.

Zeke

i preferred to be the Primum Augmen military tribune of the three cohortia.

to command the legiones best youngest milites and see all those First Blood letting

of the dying soldier and see and feel eye to eye how to be in danger of death.

If I could be a man and if take into account my adventurous nature I would be a pirate and made Roman's life a burden. Probably I could come to a sticky end. lol :)

Hardly I could be a legioner or something like that because I don't like any system and like my own freedom.

If I could be a woman... I'll hang first!!!