UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sextus Roscius

What Would You Be In Roman Society....

Oh definitely a Vestal Virgin.....LMAO

Nah I would have been a physician in Alexandria during the reign of Augustus. Nice weather, best library in the world, interesting local architecture not to mention the scantily clad dancing boys!

Living the life of a strict and virtuous Roman matron doesnt really appeal, but Oriental hedonism sure does!

:)

i would want to be a centurion. i get to fight and command close enough to the troops. i would most definately not join the navy. i don't want to die in the sea or be ransomed. then again maybe i could be like Caesar and hunt down my capturers and have every last one of them crucified. that sounds fun. :)

i tend to ramble.

I'd quite like to be a priest of Mercury. Failing that i'd like to be an Emperor and then build a temple to Mercury.

As you can tell i like Mercury.

I'd also quite happily honour Minerva too.

I would want to be the Cato the stone-cold hard@** son of a (female dog) centurion who made life a living hell for new Roman recruits before the Dacian War. Sorry for the profanity, but ever since I watched the History Channel's Special Segment, Rome Week, they made Cato the Centurion(who was a real guy) seem like a modern day drill sergeant in the Marines which is probably a true description of centurions back then. Also, I like to states the a squad of recruits were trained the same way in almost every aspect of modern day squads.

I would want to be the Cato the stone-cold hard@** son of a (female dog) centurion who made life a living hell for new Roman recruits before the Dacian War. Sorry for the profanity, but ever since I watched the History Channel's Special Segment, Rome Week, they made Cato the Centurion(who was a real guy) seem like a modern day drill sergeant in the Marines which is probably a true description of centurions back then. Also, I like to states the a squad of recruits were trained the same way in almost every aspect of modern day squads.

Quite hilarious, :stupid:

Anyways, these are all interesting, I'm surprised by how many people this topic has appealed to. But I still want to remain the rich merchant/banker living the high life in Rome without much to do, just time to read and write philosophy, mingle with those lower than me and perhaps take up with a patron at a brotherel, but my views are my own. I find them all fascinating, people's views on life.

An engineer constructing baths, aqueducts, mines, and even siege works sounds like great fun. Helping to create the infrastructure for a new colony would be the best. Virgil said that arms were the art of the Romans, but I think Rome's true greatness was to be found in what she buillt not what she destroyed.

I would want to be the same thing that I would like to be in our society. One of the idle rich. :(

If I could pick my scenario, I would be a healthy, wealthy guy who never had to worry about fighting in a war, politics or where my next meal was going to come from. I would just lay back in one of my villas and have a pretty girl feed me grapes or something. lol

So you guys can keep your gruesome battles and stuff like that while I sleep in a comfortable bed and have a fun, relaxing life.

I would want to be the same thing that I would like to be in our society. One of the idle rich. ;)

If I could pick my scenario, I would be a healthy, wealthy guy who never had to worry about fighting in a war, politics or where my next meal was going to come from. I would just lay back in one of my villas and have a pretty girl feed me grapes or something. lol

So you guys can keep your gruesome battles and stuff like that while I sleep in a comfortable bed and have a fun, relaxing life.

I would like to be a high class courtesan, keeping poets happy and living a life of luxury until my looks faded. Imagine all the things you would learn through pillow talk, all the secrets of the great and good. The blackmail possibilities would be endless!

Either that or I would actually liked to have been Sulla, a great guy, a great warrior and leader of men, ruthless stylish and still died in his bed! :D

Edited by sullafelix

i grew up around sword fighting for reasons that i won't explain to you now, but anyway so i either want to be a gladiator or a soldier. if i was a soldier probaly one of high rank. all that practice with wooden poles better pay off

:romansoldier:

:romansoldier: I love sword fights

.......and I love having pretty women feed me grapes so I guess there is something for all of us in this thread. lol <_<

I still go for "parasite" at a noble party-but the guy who declaims the edicts and news in the forum( in HBO) looks to have a job for life (literally) and to be quite well fed so I might settle for that.

You do realize being a senator has a really good chance of getting executed if your deemed a liability and a threat to the imperator. You might as well could have been killed for supporting an unpopular imperator. Politics may be even more deadly than a campaign where you really only fight during the late spring to the full summer to late fall. Not to mention if you have a good leader, you've got a good chance of surviving.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus