UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Roman Empire Wallmap

Well, its been almost two years since Moonlapse first started working on our wallmap and we began without any idea about how well it would be received. As such, our first order was a rather limited run designed to ease our economic burden in case we couldn't sell the thing.

As it turned out, the map was quite successful and we are nearly completely sold out of our original stock. Over the last couple of years we've been discussing several updates based on our own reviews and feedback from buyers. Aside from fixing a couple of minor textual errors, we are hard at work making an even more in depth wall map. Not only do we hope that people will find it visually pleasing, but that it will be an excellent point of reference for the geographic Roman world.

With this version we hope to include time period adjustments to borders as an indication of imperial growth, major battles, improved topography even more points of reference.

Good map! I dont see it scale though. And I cannot understand how looks south part of Empire (I mean Egypt). But the map looks great!

i would like to get a hold of this map but i would like to pay for it either by check or money order(either way works for me) what is the adress that i send it to email me at krisrkca@gmail.com or at the_jaded_darkness@hotmail.com (pref the first one)

thanx

brotus maximus

a.k.a

kris

i would like to get a hold of this map but i would like to pay for it either by check or money order(either way works for me) what is the adress that i send it to email me at krisrkca@gmail.com or at the_jaded_darkness@hotmail.com (pref the first one)

thanx

brotus maximus

a.k.a

kris

Email sent.

thanx

brotus maximus

a.k.a

kris

Email sent.

so just out of coriosity when did u send it??(i dont think i got it

It just occured to me, and it probably has to you too and I just missed the posting, but making sections of the map available to be used as "wallpaper " or backgrounds could be used as a kind of reward for ...say...PayPal contibutions, being a good person, way to go for that good post, ect.

Only sections, not the whole thing of course. That would still be the special gift.

Also, just in case you really wanted a headache and do lots of work Moonlapse, is it possible to have an interactive map with layers and perhaps links to set reference articles on this site? I know some educators would pay for that...heck, I might!

I'll be quiet now.... :D

It just occured to me, and it probably has to you too and I just missed the posting, but making sections of the map available to be used as "wallpaper " or backgrounds could be used as a kind of reward for ...say...PayPal contibutions, being a good person, way to go for that good post, ect.

Only sections, not the whole thing of course. That would still be the special gift.

Also, just in case you really wanted a headache and do lots of work Moonlapse, is it possible to have an interactive map with layers and perhaps links to set reference articles on this site? I know some educators would pay for that...heck, I might!

I'll be quiet now.... :lol:

I have the interactive layered map planned for high detail province maps. The same could be done to lesser detail with an empire overview map. If you find me some way to eliminate the need for sleep, I'll make them for you. ;)

Moonlapse, I was looking for a good map of the ancient city of Rome (during the Republic, not the expanded city during the Imperial age) and was wondering if you had an electronic copy somewhere or know of a good link where one is available.

I need this for a research project I'm working on and while I do have detailed maps of the city (street by street), this is from 300 AD and I'm looking for something much earlier.

Thanks, Moonlapse. Appreciate it. What I was really looking for was a map showing the street names and the routes around the Forum, Capitoline hill, Subura, Circus Maximus and Aventine leading to the Tiber.

Specifically, I'm looking for the ancient roads that led from the Palatine Hill to the Forum and from the Forum to the Subura and from there to the emporiums alongside the Tiber.

If anyone knows of a link which has the blow up of this section, with the ancient names, please post (Republic - from 150 BC to 44 BC)

Hi Skarr,

probably not exactly what you were looking for, but bloody interesting nevertheless

http://formaurbis.stanford.edu/docs/FURdb.html

cheers

viggen

Txs, Viggen. Yes, I'm familiar with this project and you're right, it's really fascinating work, as you have only a few clues to go by and have to extrapolate the rest.