UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Roman Empire Wallmap

Well, my new wallmap has just arrived in the mail today. The only word I have about it is 'exquisite.' Now I must go revel in its awesomeness for a few hours.

As I have been salivating over this for a few weeks, is there any way we can purchase it in the UK? Or do we have to send to the US for it? I have a wall crying out for it! :rolleyes:

As I have been salivating over this for a few weeks, is there any way we can purchase it in the UK? Or do we have to send to the US for it? I have a wall crying out for it! :lol:

It's mail order only I'm afraid. I wouldn't even know how to begin to actually get it in physical stores. :rolleyes:

It's mail order only I'm afraid. I wouldn't even know how to begin to actually get it in physical stores. :D

Call your nearest school supply outlet or college bookstore. Much as I hate to recommend it, there would also probably be a market through various religious outlets.

You might also call the map publishers directly. Talk to the folks at Buns and Nobble, Amazon, etc.

Err, you've already got a copyright, don't you?

Edited by Marcus Caelius

Are these maps still available? I just bought a house a few months ago & I have tons of blank wall space that's screaming for something like this!!

Just got an e-mail saying mine has been shipped...Woo-hoo!!

Just ordered mine,with the exchange rate at 1 GBP = 1.94824USD its a very good price :D,you would never get a map like this over here for that price.

Edited by longbow

Received my map in the mail today. All I have to say is.....DAMN :)!! This map is awesome!! My hat's off to everyone who took part in creating this. I definately have to get this framed and put up on the wall. Great job!

Don't get it framed, get it mounted, then cut and mount a poster frame around the edges as protection. Don't frame it because (a) it will still wrinkle and warp inside the frame, and (b ) the reflection on the glass will make reading it just a little difficult, especially if, like me, you buy an illuminated magnifying glass as an accessory. Mounting will be more expensive, but it keeps the map flat and wrinkle free, and it's a lot lighter to hang on the wall (another hint: those Hercules Hooks, available at Walmart, are ideal for the job).

Edited by Marcus Caelius

Mine arrived today safe and well,great map! i just need to find a space she'll let me put now ;) .

Cheers!

longbow

Is the price of the maps affected by the recent Euro up-fluctuation?

No, the price is in $US. Whether the cost is 10 Euros or 30 Euros we are still being paid the equivalent of $35 ($38 in Europe for the extra shipping cost actually) regardless of the source currency. Strength of the Euro against the Dollar will only make the map less expensive for Europeans and presumably more attractive, while we still record the exact same revenue.

As of published rates today (July 12, 07), someone in the UK is paying roughly

Don't get it framed, get it mounted, then cut and mount a poster frame around the edges as protection. Don't frame it because (a) it will still wrinkle and warp inside the frame, and (b ) the reflection on the glass will make reading it just a little difficult, especially if, like me, you buy an illuminated magnifying glass as an accessory. Mounting will be more expensive, but it keeps the map flat and wrinkle free, and it's a lot lighter to hang on the wall (another hint: those Hercules Hooks, available at Walmart, are ideal for the job).

I had mine professionally done at Michael's ... They use a pretty good technique to first mount it on an antique poster background of your choice and then frame it with a choice of antique wood. It's a little expensive but well worth it, especially for the glass they use. They have a special one where it's hard to tell if there's glass unless you actually touch it. I think they call it clearglass or something or like that, I'm not sure. The end result is just fantastic and you can use a magnifying glass with no problem to discern the finer features of the map.

Moonlapse has done a fantastic job of capturing the detail and each time I read something, I'm invariably drawn to the map, which I consult as I read, thereby enhancing the overall reading experience !