UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Britain After The Romans

Viggen

Speaking of imports from China, I come across the strangest stuff sometimes, and usually while researching towards something else. Here is a story that I do not attempt to validate. I am only presenting it as found...

http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/caah/landscap...down_man_l.html

And so, we take note that there are actually two Chinese vessels noted here in the link info that seem to have been found in Kent from Roman times. One of the objects had its authenticity questioned but not dismissed. But the other apparently was not questioned as to its authenticity. I just thought I would share this with you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of imports from China, I come across the strangest stuff sometimes, and usually while researching towards something else. Here is a story that I do not attempt to validate. I am only presenting it as found...

http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/caah/landscap...down_man_l.html

And so, we take note that there are actually two Chinese vessels noted here in the link info that seem to have been found in Kent from Roman times. One of the objects had its authenticity questioned but not dismissed. But the other apparently was not questioned as to its authenticity. I just thought I would share this with you.

While most of the article indeed refers to doubts over Dawson's 'Chinese bronze bowl' I suspect you may have missed the second paragraph which refers to doubts over the 'Chinese hu or bronze ritual vessel' which Willett donated which states:

Doubts surrounding the authenticity of Willett