UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Favonius Cornelius

The Roman Writers

Eusebius is an important read, but one must simply understand that most everything is slanted in favor of Christianity and the church. Its no different than understanding the various biases of other authors in my opinion, but he does tend to over emphasize such things as persecutions and martyrdom, etc.

He provided many works, perhaps the most well known being the 'Church History' (which is also the only one I've read). He goes into considerable detail on both secular and religious events but many are presented in such a way to help support his own beliefs. Unlike many secular predecessors, however, he is diligent in reporting sources, and for that he is much more akin to modern historians than many of his counterparts.

I'm slowly working on fleshing out the biographies of the writers. I've added a new touch I thought might be of interest: I've included a quotation from the author that tries to embody the man and his works. Any comments on the ones I have chosen so far? Good or bad idea?

I'm slowly working on fleshing out the biographies of the writers. I've added a new touch I thought might be of interest: I've included a quotation from the author that tries to embody the man and his works. Any comments on the ones I have chosen so far? Good or bad idea?

yeah looking good so far :huh:

just keep on going, it is getting close to be publishing material B)

cheers

viggen

I'm on it. It'll take a little while; I can only manage a few a day, but it'll get there.

let me know, when you think you are ready, so we can start publishing it. :o

cheers

viggen

I'm on it. It'll take a little while; I can only manage a few a day, but it'll get there.

let me know, when you think you are ready, so we can start publishing it. :o

cheers

viggen

Be assured my efforts will be redoubled. Certain UNRV changes have absorbed my attention of late...

At long last I have completed my list of ancient sources lacking from the current list here at UNRV. I could use help yet for quotations for the for Sextus Aurelius Victor and Fronto.

If the quotation scheme is liked, I can come up with more for the already covered authors.

As a secondary project, I will work on adding a few more authors since I believe I have seen a few here and there that could be relevant as I spot them, and perhaps some day a second list can be complied.

I hope that the gods are pleased by my labors, which I dedicated to the noble spirit of the Divine Caesars such that their memory will never die, I Favonius Cornelius Pola, a humble servant of the Empire.

Nice work! :D

The first five are added to the list and are now headline news! :)

btw. I think i speak for the triumvirate here, you truly deserved now to be a patrician, congrats!

regards

viggen

Allow me to express my gratitude for the promotion and publishing of the author list!

I hope to add more names if I may be so bold over time. There must be a few more out there the people should know about.