• UK/Ireland
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Canada
    • Europe (not UK/Ireland)
    • Americas (South and Central)
    • Asia
    • Africa

The great state of Michigan

Welcome k08el01. Catchy name! You may want to also post to this thread.

The great state of Michigan

Welcome k08el01. Catchy name! You may want to also post to this thread.

Thanks for the welcome! As for my name it's nothing more than my school id. (I plan on changing it as soon as possible, at which time I'll be sure to comment on the name thread.)

I was born in Illinois (USA for those of you non-U.S. citizens), grew up in Michigan, and now I live in Hawaii (just moved here). My family moved out here a year and a half ago and after I visited them in October of '09 I knew it was only a matter of time before I too settled here. It's awesome and I love it. The people are great. There's none of that rat race, keeping up with the Jones', NIMBY bull crap here. Oh, and the weather is amazing. Warm year round. The coldest it gets here ever is the lower 60's F, 16-17 C. And the beaches... those are nice too. The island I'm on also has the world's largest fresh water source. Add that with the abundance of fruit bearing trees, fish, crab, wild chickens, and wild boar, and you have everything you need in case of global famine. LOL

Salve,

I'm from Germania Inferior (The Netherlands, sadly :(), living just between Mosa Traiectum (Maastricht, possibly Pontem Mosae Fluminis, as decribed by Tacitus) and Coriovallum Heerlen).

Cheers!

Hi NoJobRob and Macerinus, welcome to UNRV

Hawaii sounds like paradise, I must go there some day, especially when there's a global famine iminent!!:D

Why the Netherlands sadly?? I've been to the Netherlands many times and always enjoyed myself. No good if you enjoy hill walking though!!!!:D

Salve,

Why the Netherlands sadly?? I've been to the Netherlands many times and always enjoyed myself. No good if you enjoy hill walking though!!!!biggrin.gif

If you like hill walking you can come to the south where I live, that is the only place where you can find proper hills in the Netherlands...and we, the inhabitants of our province (Limburg) are very proud of them :)

Why I said sadly....

That's a long, to long, story (about, among others things, politics).

Cheers,

M

Edited by Macerinus

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Lived here all my life. I don't really like the city, I find it noisy and kind of dirty, but still a city with some of the best museums in the country and some very important American History.

Salve,

Why the Netherlands sadly?? I've been to the Netherlands many times and always enjoyed myself. No good if you enjoy hill walking though!!!!biggrin.gif

If you like hill walking you can come to the south where I live, that is the only place where you can find proper hills in the Netherlands...and we, the inhabitants of our province (Limburg) are very proud of them :)

Why I said sadly....

That's a long, to long, story (about, among others things, politics).

Cheers,

M

When I was stationed in Germany some friends and I went to Amsterdam. It was fun. :lol:

There's a heavy metal bar there called The Excalibur. That place is awesome. We were hammered and then the bar tender brought us the "menu". A few minutes later we were totally ripped and Type O Negative was blasting and I was in heaven. Good times... :D

Salve,

I'm from Germania Inferior (The Netherlands, sadly :(), living just between Mosa Traiectum (Maastricht, possibly Pontem Mosae Fluminis, as decribed by Tacitus) and Coriovallum Heerlen).

Cheers!

Also, why is Germania Inferior north and Germania Superior south? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I know in medicine superior means above and inferior means below. Well, that's what those words stand for anyway... LOL

Also, why is Germania Inferior north and Germania Superior south? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I know in medicine superior means above and inferior means below. Well, that's what those words stand for anyway... LOL

'Superior' means closer to Rome, and 'Inferior', further away. Simple as that!

'Superior' means closer to Rome, and 'Inferior', further away. Simple as that!

Then it would make more sense for northern Germany to be Distal Germania and southern Germany to be Proximal Germania. :lol:

Then it would make more sense for northern Germany to be Distal Germania and southern Germany to be Proximal Germania. :lol:

Agreed.

I'm about six years too late for the poll!

Although I've already posted on the intro thread, her