UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Changing Forum Titles

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I like it too, but some devout Christians might reasonably object to discussing Christianity in a Temple to Jupiter. I guess we'll see."-Ursus

In response to this, perhaps the name should be changed to "the college of augurs" or "office of the pontifex maximus" just a though...

Also, I think the ethics forum should be "study of roman life" how ever that is said in latin,becuase my latin is mediocere at best, Being in 8th grade has only given me 2 years.

P.S. sorry for my unusualy quoting style.

Edited by Sextus Roscius

As a method of splitting up the Imperium Romanum section to make it less bulky, how about making it into two: The Roman Republic and The Roman Empire. The thread seems to get its fair share of Republican history.

Indeed, its something I want to do, just haven't yet wanted to punish myself enough to actually go through and start moving topics around :P We'll get to it eventually though I'm sure.

Indeed, its something I want to do, just haven't yet wanted to punish myself enough to actually go through and start moving topics around :lol: We'll get to it eventually though I'm sure.

I wonder if splitting it into the Republic, the Principate and the Dominate (or just late Roman Empire) might be feasible. They're quite distinct eras, although we tend to focus on the first two much more than the last one. It might just fracture the topic of empire a bit too much at this time, but might be something to keep in mind if traffic increases on UNRV at the pace it's been going.

Edited by Virgil61

Perhaps new names for the aercheological (spelling, sorry) forums would be nice, though I'm at a lose of words to be used.

hmm, not a bad idea, however the majority that subscribes and read those forums are newcomers and visitors via the search engines, i fear those people would be confused with a new name that means nothing to the average person...

cheers

viggen

Perhaps new names for the aercheological (spelling, sorry) forums would be nice, though I'm at a lose of words to be used.

hmm, not a bad idea, however the majority that subscribes and read those forums are newcomers and visitors via the search engines, i fear those people would be confused with a new name that means nothing to the average person...

cheers

viggen

Thanks for taking time to notice it, but perhaps we could add a translation to it such as in the military, and religoius forums? Or is the admin trying to do with out that, I'm sure people would understand, since you have changed the ethics forum and the empire forum's names without translation, I assume these would be more populated by new subscribers than the arecheological forums. Also the little caption underneath the topic could do a lot to tell them about it, so all in all I beleive it could be done and make the site look more professional than it already is.

Hm. Archaeology is already a word formed out of strong Greek roots. As the Romans themselves were apt to borrow their intellectual disciplines from the Greeks, I say just leave it alone.

I have to say the the Roman archaeology folder is one of the things that caught my eye and induced me to stay when I first saw it.

Here's how I translated it:

Archaeological News: Roman Empire

Archaeologica Novella: Romanum Imperium

and

Archeological News : The World

Archaeologica Novella: Mundus

note: Mundus can also mean universe

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Here's how I translated it:

Archaeological News: Roman Empire

Archaeologica Novella: Romana Imperium

and

Archeological News : The World

Archaeologica Novella: Mundus

note: Mundus can also mean universe

I like it, like it alot, but It seems the administration has taken to their original settings