UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Arrows

The Prefessor that runs deremilitari.org is into medieval weaponry, he might not know much about the arrowheads, but he'll have a much more extensive network of people who would know. The have a forum on that site (though it's hardly ever used), drop a line. Be sure not just to ask for the info you wanted, but also links to more specialized groups in fletching and metallurgy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so very much for your replys. My apologies for the late response. I have been in South Africa for the past couple of weeks doing some ministry work there. Anyway, I know that at least 2 of them are Roman due to the leaf-like shape and the style of the fastener that lines the end of the part which is placed into the end of the shaft of the arrow. This style of joining was commonly found throughout the Roman times. Now, I am no expert, simply a minor collector, so I might be wrong in my presumptions, but thank you so much for the conformation of some of them as medieval. I really appreciate it. I have not a clue as to where they were found. I'm sorry. I was wondering if you had any links to information about fletching of that time, or the style of arrows made in the Medieval or Roman time? Thanks again!

I will definitely ask the people at deremilitari.org. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me something. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have a great week!

Have Faith,

Charles

• 3 weeks later...