UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Uruguay Defeated

Tobias

Australia's international soccer team, ranked 54 th in the world, defeated Uruguay, ranked 17th in the world, last night in Sydney. The match went to a penalty shoot-out, and thanks to two amazing saves by Australia's goalie, Shwarzer, and some marvellous goal shooting, Australia defeated Uruguay and has entered the World Cup series for the first time in 32 years.

Awaken the sleeping giant, Australia, to the soccer world!

GO AUSTRALIA :suprise:

Edited by Tobias

You have defeated the greatest footballing mercenaries in the world!

Of course, i forgot to say that Uruguay played a brilliant game, and fought gallantly until the very last, and only went down thanks to some personal brilliance from the Australian side. So congratulations to the gallant Uruguayans as well. But the night belonged to Australia <_<

Edited by Tobias

We had a cracking game against the Argies last saturday,beat them 3-1 :P<_<:P its allways good to beat the Old enemy :)

Did anyone see the chaos at the Turkey,Switzerland game? both sides and the phisio's etc started fighting in the tunnel :):P

FIFA probe

BTW,congrats Australia,see you in Germany.

Ahh, the english!!

You are the creators of football, i'll give you that, but you defeated the argies 3-2!! But that (propably intentional) mistake is understandeble, given your long rivalry. Still gettin nightmares of maradonas hand of god?? :lol:

or the constant defeats by ze germans in the penalty shootouts :D:D:D

You can correct me, but didnt you the mothernation of football only win 1 world cup?? :D

1966 with a goal that wasnt even a goal!! :P:P

If this WC will be a classic,than europes top nations will end like this. england will dropp out against deutschland in penalty, Italy will get cheated out by a ref, you cancels half of their goals. The dutch will destroy themselfes with internal conflicts. The french wont score a single goal, or will fail agisnts the rough play of either germany or england. Germany will be struck down by brazils or argentinas creative and fast play.

so argentina will win it after defeating brazil in the finale.

whats your take on that idiotic electronic ticketing system, it basically increases hooligan activity, not in the stadia, but on the squares were all the supporters will be cattled together , infront of huge scrreens. wouldnt mind standing next to hot brazilian samba dancers, but wouldnt find it so nice, standing next to frustrated unemployed europeans (espacially from england italy or serbia).

ps: i already grew myself a classic german football hairdo: MULLET and MOUSTACHE :D

Awaken the sleeping giant, Australia, to the soccer world!

GO AUSTRALIA :D

Now why would you want to cheer your country on in this? You have a wonderfully chaotic and respectably violent sport in rugby.

OH NO! not another soccer thread, when will you silly Europeans and former colonies, not including the my great and well run nation( a little sarcasism in the last part), realize that soccer is not a sport and start playing real football American football. Go Hawkeyes and Packers. I feel I have just opened up Pandoras Box. Good day all :lol: