UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Flood Control?

I was wondering why of late flood control has stoped me from posting to topics several times. I didn't beleive we had a flooding problem with too many posts, we never have. Honestly, can some one give me a good explaination for the flood control?

Perhaps we could lower the time inbetween posts.

Edited by Sextus Roscius

If you peruse the "Tartarus" folder you may notice a decided increase in the number of troll posts that are sent there. As a moderator I believe flood control is a good thing, especially with the influx of sometimes questionable people.

Sorry for a little off topic side step but I did just go over to Tartarus and saw a completely random & ridiculous reply to one of my posts :rolleyes:

Sorry for a little off topic side step but I did just go over to Tartarus and saw a completely random & ridiculous reply to one of my posts :rolleyes:

Indeed, Ursus is enthusiastic enough to take the time to actually cut out useless posts from threads and send them to Tartarus rather than just deleting them. Thanks to that we can all get a chuckle from some of this stuff.

As for the flood control... I could've sworn that we went over this before and had it down to 30 seconds. I know that since we started this forum, I've only had to wait to post perhaps once or twice, and these were because of trying to edit immediately after posting. I think it may have reset to the default when we upgraded the forum version. I'll see if I can find it.

Yes, I posted that original thread requesting for it to be toned down. It was around 60 seconds I think, and one of the admin kindly lowered it (or maybe even axed it). I dislike flood control, it is an annoying feature that adversley effects all users by wasting their time.

Edited by Trajen

How much people can UNRV support anyways?

Our server should be able to support allot more visitors then what we have right now, i would say about 500 user at a time shouldnt be a big deal to handle...

cheers

viggen