UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Civis Romanum Sum. wargamer

Roman Empire

The empire of ancient Rome established by Augustus in 27 B.C.

that almost continued until 4th century A.D.

Rome

The capital of Old Rome within the Tiber River and that sits in Seven Hills

Old Rome was a Pagan and believe in Polytheism religion since it

I am confused... what was the point of this post. To make a statement that had you been a Roman you would've been a practioner and loyal adherent to the unconqoured sun or just to post an overview of religious ways of life in Rome?

Civis Romanum Sum. wargamer

Roman Empire

The empire of ancient Rome established by Augustus in 27 B.C.

that almost continued until 4th century A.D.

Nah, I say it did not end until the 15 century A.D, then again I am of the Byzantine-ilk. :):lol:

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, wargamer, but your posts are becoming increasingly strange.

Agree, I have trouble making heads or tails of some of these. Hopefully wargamer will come back and suprise us all. Or not, we'll just keep walking.

Oh by the way, it should be Civis Romanus sum. FLavius Valerius Constantinus

thanks for your correction. rw

Uh... so saying that you are a Roman was the whole point of this post?

what's your reason for a side comment again.

---

... what was the point of this post. To make a statement that had you been a Roman ... Neos Dionysos

i love Old Rome... and have it studied for along time. that's my reply.rw

Nah, I say it did not end until the 15 century A.D, then again I am of the Byzantine-ilk.

it defends on what reference book you use, i use the Webster's.

by 4th century, the empire slowly disintegrate... and it is no longer the same as in 27 B.C. rw

or just to post an overview of religious ways of life in Rome? Neos Dionysos

yes, just to post an overview of religious ways of life in Rome. rw

saying, i am a roman means i love Old Rome... i know it's heart and soul.

and still can take any 'stand' on any point of view either pro or con, without sourgraping.

---

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt,but your posts are becoming increasingly strange. Ursus

i notice that nobody is ever mentioning the sun god,

what is the strange? is Sol Invictus rarely known... or my pointers.

pointers means to me as talking a "topic" and point it's "pro and/or cons." no more no less.

but some concervative religious people are taking it into different ways.rw

---

Agree, I have trouble making heads or tails of some of these. Hopefully wargamer will come back and suprise us all. Sextus Roscius

but i will no longer take the bait... to let other's conservative lure me... and have reason...

to say's bad words on my thread or to me, and wasted what i have research. rw

---

so i have taken all precaution to "edite" my thread of any tails.(making heads or tails .Sextus Roscius)

it is just to post an overview of religious ways of life in Old Rome. rw

but i will no longer take the bait... to let other's conservative lure me... and have reason...

to say's bad words on my thread or to me, and wasted what i have research. rw

Who exactly are these "conservatives" that are trying to "bait" you into doing something? We're asking for clarification because we don't understand you half the time.

Start making sense or I'll be forced to place your posts on moderated status.

Perhaps putting your next post into a format that is readable may help. I have trouble understanding what or who you are responding to. Basicaly I'm echoing Flavius on this, you might be easier to understand if they were in a clearly English format.

so i have taken all precaution to "edite" my thread of any tails.(making heads or tails .Sextus Roscius)

I was meaning that I couldn't make sense of it. "can't make heads nor tails of it" is a very old and commonly used expression. I didn't mean you literaly had tails inserted in your text. :unsure:

Edited by Sextus Roscius

Start making sense or I'll be forced to place your posts on moderated status. Ursus

Why you are very hard on me Ursus, i have already taken precaution to moderate my post.

if you will only read my thread line by line, the very word is not mine but taken only from books.

Who exactly are these "conservatives" that are trying to "bait" you into ? Ursus

some conservatives and hardcore christian easily get offended.

when they read a reverse of their belief. ( a subject have two face, Obverse and Reverse)

the more i ask question and reply... the more heated words they re-post.

---

I have trouble understanding what or who you are responding to. Sextus Roscius

my apology, in my last thread, they say it seems an "attack" on that and this religion,

when i inquire where is my attack they refuse to point it exactly.so i am at lost myself.

where i thought all my post do not belong to me personally... because it is all qoutation only.

most books i read have a leanings of each own... but i still read it because of the informaton it have.

---

as i said... it is posted for an overview of religious ways of life in Old Rome. no more no less.

Nah, I say it did not end until the 15 century A.D, then again I am of the Byzantine-ilk. :romansoldier::lol:

Absolutely!!!

Nah, I say it did not end until the 15 century A.D, then again I am of the Byzantine-ilk.

Absolutely!!! Northern Neil

my reply ... it defends on what reference book you use, i use the Webster's.

by 4th century, the empire slowly disintegrate...

and two rival power slowly arise, the Curia and Byzantine.

as i said it defends on your persfective view... until now Italia exist with Roman blood line citizens.

by 4th century, the empire slowly disintegrate...

I could give a rather lengthy statement that might enlighten you as to how the Roman Empire survived until the 15th Century Roman Wargamer, but as you said, it all depends on perspective. Culturally, it is true that the last vestiges of ancient Rome were well on their way to becoming extinct by the fourth century.

So, December the 25th is the festival of the sun god? Well, that is useful to know, i'll make sure i tell the local priest to offer a sacrifice to Sol Invictus on Christmas Day :D (joking)

Edited by Tobias

the East Roman Empire formed by the division of the Roman Empire at the death of

Theodusius I in 395 A.D.

It was ended by the Turkish Empire of Constatinople it's capital in 1453. yes, that's 15th century.