UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Sol Invictus

The rise of this pagan god rise with the Roman conquer of the known ancient world.

and was 'eclipse' only by the 'sunrise' of the new emerging western Romanized christianity.

after the Council of Nicea, the western Roman Curiae emerge so trumphant that obliterated the

eastern group leadership in an emperor instigated christiam church leadership "coup d tat."

after this event...the persecuted church become the persecutor...killing all who oppose their leadership.

The eclipse of the true and original christian ( first century church ) was slowly and gradually dawned by

the new professing paganized and romanized christian under the Roman Curiae.

_________________________________________________________________________________

so it is basically a novel idea... "if you can not deafeat them, joint them concept"

when the christian church could not be defeated by persecution and stop by constant massacre.

they grab the church leadership under the very whims of Emperor Constatine imperial power.

they change everything that it could no longer be compare with the pure and original Church of Christ.

_________________________________________________________________________________

why not compare them according to their timeline:

first........the pagan religion of the Roman

second....the Church of Christ founded by Jesus of Nazareth in Isarel

third........the paganized and romanized professing christians and other churches.

The Council of Nicaea 325 A.D.

"The Council could not agree and after two years, impatient at the delay,

the Emperor Constantine appeared and addressed the assembly,

ordering them to agree on the divinity of Christ..."

page 60, Challenge of a Liberal Faith

Divus Emperor Constantine decreed godship to Jesus "The Christ" thereby making him god.

a Jewish from Nazareth who founded the first century christianity in Israel.

by 325 A.D. Jesus Christ was now officially god under the ancient Roman Universal Church.

But the overall church authority have been granted to the Roman Curiae and now belong to them.

By decree of Nicene Creed it created a new state religion and universal church.

just an emperor's whim? or a vision for a new Romanus Divus Invictus for Templum Romae?

and all eastern opposition; even Arius was declared heretics and subjects to state persecution.

in a simple "coup de grace" by Emperor Constantine, he repeated what Emperor Aurelian did in 275 A.D.

Emperor Aurelian have adopted Sol Invictus and the Mithras cult for the Roman empire.

as always... history repeat itself, but for the good of the empire and Roman peace.

and ending the stigma of chrisitian problem on their timeline.

making the Roman Curiae as the official agent of the state for the control of christian church.

and Rome make a landmark in the ancient world history by inventing a new universal church.

I don't think you know the church of the Byzantines or Orthodox for that matter.

so it is basically a novel idea... "if you can not deafeat them, joint them concept"

when the christian church could not be defeated by persecution and stop by constant massacre.

they grab the church leadership under the very whims of Emperor Constatine imperial power.

they change everything that it could no longer be compare with the pure and original Church of Christ.

OH! How can the church set by the apostles be set beside the pure and original cult!

I don't think you know the church of the Byzantines or Orthodox for that matter.

it will be better if you could begin a topic about Byzantines or Orthodox church history.

by your direct experience and perspective, we can learn more of it's origin, tradition and belief.

hope you can give it a try.

Stupid question, and slightly off topic, but I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere: What adjective goes with Sol Invictus?

I mean, someone who believes in Christianity is a Christian, someone who believes in Sol Invictus is a ....?

Sol Invictian? Sol Invictor?

It seems all the texts go out of their way to avoid having to use that adjective.

Since Sol Invictus and December 25 are being tossed around in this conversation, would anyone care to comment on the theory that Christmas was favored by Constantine to be on that day because of Mithras?

(Instead of on the "Star of Bethlehem" conjunction dates of May 27, October 6 or December 1.)

Or is there already a thread on this that I missed?

Since Sol Invictus and December 25 are being tossed around in this conversation, would anyone care to comment on the theory that Christmas was favored by Constantine to be on that day because of Mithras?

(Instead of on the "Star of Bethlehem" conjunction dates of May 27, October 6 or December 1.)

Or is there already a thread on this that I missed?

Christianity eneded up doing the same with many of it's rituals. Christmas is a joining together of the Roman winter festival, Saturnalia, celebrating Saturn, the god of agriculture, and the northern pagan ritual, known as Yule. Yule was a celebration of the birth of the pagan Sun God, Mithras and was observed on the 21st December.

Since Sol Invictus and December 25 are being tossed around in this conversation,

would anyone care to comment on the theory that Christmas was favored by Constantine.

The feast of "Catholic Christmas" was invented in Rome

by a heretic name Artenon and first celebrated in Constantinople on 373 A.D. (p.47)

The New Shaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge

so christmas do not yet exist in Constantine era... nor known or celebrated until 373 circa.

it is a slow process of evolution as what is now know today...invented by heretic for Roman Holiday.

RW:

Because something is written in a book doesn't make it so.

Let's get to the object here. What is the name of the religion that Christ initiated? Is this 'true' religion extant today? Can I join it?

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Because something is written in a book doesn't make it so.

i am not claiming it to be so... it is what an authoritative book scholar writer say so, not me.

it is just coincidence that Sol Invictus and December 25 christmas bear on the same coin.

cause they use the date for that holiday when facts directs that Jesus was born on summer.

for what ever their intent and reason will never be known to us.

but please this thread was about the Sun God of the ancient Roman Mithras cult.

i do not want it to closed, papal bull exsurge and tranferred to hell. Ursus had already warn me.

please mellow down or address christmas in right forum and proper topic..