UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kama

My reenactment

Yeah, the cat kinda snuck in there on me. I'll try maybe this weekend to put it on.

Well, i had my first drill today. Learned 7 or 8 gun movements and positions. Marching in ranks, turning; wheel turns and about face turns, runing in ranks, loading and shooting, fixing bayonets and how to use them. All in all, a fun but exhausting day. Very well worth the 14 hours.

I hope so.... Well, I think so. But there is an ex navy seal in the group with us..... :)

Went to gettysburg PA the past weekend. First went to harpers Ferry and bought a defarbed enfield tower musket-rifle. picked up 25 .577 minie's. Also picked up my bayonet and a belt. Got full uniform now so i hope to get some pictures up on here.

Yeah, i'll have a bunch this weekend. Have a big event in Nashaminy state park in Pennsylvania. Thousands of people will be there, along with fife and drum concerts, book signings from authors, living histories, a speech by Mary Todd Lincoln, demonstrations of cavalry and artillery, 2 battles (battle of bethesda church and cold harbor), hospitol scenes, parades and an honor ceremony. The battles are about 2 hours long. No 'foreign food' is allowed in camp, meaning no food beyond this period is allowed. I cant wait!

Oh my, a speech from Mary Todd Lincoln? She must be nearly 150 years old. Hope she holds up :)

Seriously though, sounds like fun. Don't let any secesh ruin it for ya.

Indeed it is. But after holding a 12 pound musket for 8 hours over 2 days and sleeping on the ground doesnt make you feel like typing up a long report right after it.

However, today im feeling pretty good!

Ok, there we're about 1200 confederates (including me) and 1800 federals on saturday. At first, there was whats called a tactical, more close quarters combat. Anywhere from 100 yards away to 30 feet away. with alot of maneauvering and flanking involved. Mainly for our enjoyment. Then comes the climax of the battle, the spectators part, which involves something of a charge and mass casualties.

On saturdays battle (mind you, the outcome of the battle is scripted), my battalion lead this charge while the federals we're behind some breastworks with canons. After a double quick run to a small hump, we went prone and we're shooting from there. after a little bit of messing around in prone, some reinforcements came up but got canistered. then shortly after, i kinda got tired of shooting prone and eating gunpowder so i kneeled up for a sec and waited for a canon to shoot and i just fell over. Then, the federals moved out from their works and captured what was left of us. Just then, the main part of the army came up but stayed at a distance firing volleys.

On sunday after the tactical, the confederates we're behind the breastworks and the federals charged us twice and got pushed back. Not much excitement on sunday.

I ended up buying a gum blanket, a tin plate, a tin cup, and some silverware.

All in all, a fun day.