UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kama

My reenactment

yeah looks neat, when are you going to kick some Yanks again? :)

cheers

viggen

Nope, Im a Johnny reb.

Uniforms we'rent really regulated until the middle of the war. Which was, tan/grey for confederate and navy blue for the union. and green for the berdan union sharpshooters.

Even until late in the war, a vetern who still had the same coat (was possible) since the beginning wouldnt have been issued a new one. Friendly fire was going wild. The First Manassas had the worst friendly fire accidents because of the wide variety of uniforms. There we're even regiments who we're dressed up like the French foreign legions and even turkish soldiers.

Even then, if you lost your jacket, fell into pieces or just plain got stolen, and you we're fortunate enough to survive another battle, you would steal one from one of your fallen comrades or one of the enemy. Everything was stripped off your enemy because if you didnt, you'd have to spend a months wages to buy a new one from the quartermaster.

Unfortuneately right now is a dead period, when there are no events scheduled for a month or so. Next event is Hill Hold New York which isnt a real big one, only a few hundred. Then comes the anniversary of Gettysburg which will have around 5000 people, July 2,3,4.

cant do that. if i get dirt onto the floor, my mom will kill me.

Was the Hill Hold event in New York already?

cheers

viggen

nope, not yet. June 12th weekend.

We got together the other weekend and rolled up about 1000 cartridges. My dad also went to pennsylvania at his brothers house for fishing and he picked up 6 pounds of gunpowder.

http://6thnjvol.homestead.com/

Heres our website. The recipe section is the best. MmMmMmMm to all the good stuff including the famous hardtack :)

another event this weekend.

invited a fellow reenactor, who just so happens to be living in the same town, to help me roll up some cartridges for the upcoming event. We've already got about 1500 but a few more wont hurt anything.

THIS EVENT WAS AWSOME!!!!

First battle, the yanks wanted to parley with us and we tried to negotiate peace. Meanwhile, the guy next to me said everybody look slowly to the left in the bush. And as we stared trying to make something out, you could see 2 berdan sharpshooters in there. The parley failed and 3 of us stood back and tried to go after the snipers. After that, they retreated and the rest of the regiment took a canister shot. The 2 snipers fired at one of the other men with me and he went down. Meanwhile, i had just reloaded and ran around and captured the both of them but it didnt matter since there was only 4 of us left..

Second battle, we decided to take a 300 yard sneak-walk thru the woods and onto the unions flank with 5 guys. We killed the 2 berdan boys and 3 of us 5 stayed in the woods shooting at the enemy. 1 died and i went down another 50 yards and ran behind the enemy and thru the spectators and up to the canon. i walked up to the artillery officer and i patted him on the back and he said, and i quote, " oh, your just joining us then, get onto the line and shoot back." he then looked me up and down and said crap, your confederate and i said your dead. so he layes down and i killed the other officer near the artillery piece then one of the loaders turns around and i shot him(had to aim almost vertical as so i dont give him muzzle flash). so he dies and the rest of the crew i put my gun sideways and held them in a line. It was still early in the battle and the body of the army was still moving up so i said good job soldiers and i ran off to the right and into the woods near an outhouse and a 1 room schoolhouse. I continued firing from there until we over ran them and i joined in on that and as the body followed the road going thru the union camp, i went off to the left near the edge of the camp and shuffled union soldiers into the body. I then saw some guy in a black suit and overcoat with a big black top hat and he was aiming a pistol at the body from behind a tree. i got behind him and put the butt of my musket to his back and he looked back at me and said oh damn.

Very fun weekend. Couldnt have turned out any better.

I got another event this upcoming weekend where im going to fall in with another regiment.

Great stuff Kama, glad you enjoyed, and don't forget to keep us up to date! :-)

cheers

viggen

will do. Next event is the anniversary of Gettysburg. That going to have atleast 5000 people. However, we'll be union for that one :) Confederate is always more fun. The union guys are all old and not that nice and certainly arent nearly as funny.

hehe, cool, when exactly is the gettysburg event?

cheers

viggen