UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kama

My reenactment

4th of july weekend. The anniversay of gettysburg. its the 141st anniversary i think. people who i talked to that went to the 140th said there was more than 15,000 reenactors there. This time its estimated between 4 and 5 thousand so its not a bad turnout :ph34r:

Went to the 141st anniversary of gettysburg this weekend and it was the best battle yet.

There was over 4000 reenactors and almost as many spectators. So big infact, there we're 2 battles a day and 6 water trucks that are as big as gas tankers. There we're also film crews around and people walking thru the ranks with film cameras. i'll type up a report about it later

had another this weekend. the battles werent the best ever but the tactical was very fun as we decidd to vote down out sergeants and voted General Cartman Lee to plot out our trap for the federals.

But the best part was that i met a very nice girl there who is in our battalion but for the civilian part and we got along great during the encampment and she'll be at the next event so im looking forward to that.

actually, there are some photos posted on our yahoo groups thing si maybe i can copy them then put them here.

i got some pictures but i forgot how i got them on here. they are much smaller now, i found out the problem with them being 2 mb.

yeah yeah, i got it.

by the way, this weekend is another small living history for the gettysburg college students and we get to stay on the battlefield at spangler springs. this is very rare because you need special permission from the parks department to do any kind of action on the battlefield.

hmm i dont know what to do. i did it all right in my eyes but it doesnt work...

seems like you guys had lots of fun...

if you have new photos, let us know..

cheers

viggen

theres a dead period right now. no reenactments scheduled until the 2nd week in october. that one will be a big one though. its the 140th anniversary of cedar creek so theres 15,000 people expected along with 75 canons.

well, its here. 140th anniversary of the battle of cedar creek. 12,000 people are registered as going and they stopped the registration of canons at 80. im leaving tomorrow morning and coming back on sunday night. cya then.