UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kama

My reenactment

It was fantastic. Over 9000 reenactors showed up and we fought along a 2 mile stretch of fields, woods, camps and hills. This was the 140th anniversary of the battle of cedar creek. The north actually won that battle so we did it just like it was back then. We pushed the north back and nearly won until another union division came up and chased us away.

Heres the account;

we we're chasing the yankees up a little hill and there was a giant hill behind that from which we could only see the top of it from the bottom of the little hill and so we go over the little hill and we reform at the top to shoot and midway up the big hill there was 6 canons pointed at the 3 battalions that went up the hill and thay all fired at once. We would have actually been slaughtered right there if it was a real battle but we went on to push them back behind a house and thru a river bed where they brought up a gigantic line of troops from behind their 2nd line of canons which was where we ran like hell to get away and we lost eventually.

But the bad thing about these large scale battles is that injuries are alot more frequent. I saw about 10 ambulences come to our camp and our side of the battlefield. 2 that i know and saw was an artilleryman tripped and his canon rolled down the hill over his ankle and the other guy fell into a fire.

I'll dig up some pictures today or tomorrow to post on here.

we're based in new jersey and its surrounding areas. i.e. eastern pennsylvania, northern delaware, southern new york and long island. we mostly did confederate this year but next season we're doing about 4 events as confederate, 3 as yankee and 2 as the 15th arkansas

i've got more pictures but of a different reenactment. i'd like to put them up here. and these ones are the real jpg, not 200kb jpg's. see if you guys can guess whats going on.

Kama it should help now that you can have like 250mb of storage on Hotmail. I know I have been enjoying my extra space.

bridge%20battle.jpg

we put all our heavy guns to guard the bridge and all the bolt actions in the corn field across the way. we ambushed a german group and executed them andthen came from behind the germans to kill them all.

11th%20panzer%20(german%20swine).jpg

a picture of the 11th panzers

german%20squad%20and%20dead.jpg

german squad of troops and a dead guy alongside the house.

my%20closeup.jpg

thats me to the left and somebody threw a smoke bomb.

soldier%20peeking%20out%202.jpg

soldier aiming from around a chimney

soldier%20peeking%20out.jpg

thats me again peeking out to see if anybody was there. i have my gun low becuase if i stick it out first then somebody could grab it

unit%20on%20porch.jpg

our unit on the porch of the house we stayed at for this event. im the top left

village%20battle.jpg

2 dead guys and a smoke bomb in the background.

:D:D:D

Edit: added actual pictures to post - Moon ;)

Edited by Moonlapse

Hello all. Some of you might remember me. Special thanks to Viggen. ;)

9thguardscompany7yb.jpg

companysnipers6ik.jpg

mefixingmysock7zx.jpg

Something im proud of, you can see those 2 red stripes on my shoulder boards from when i last updated it. I got promoted to junior sergeant and command a squad of 5.

well. i've been busy lately with moving and all but i will try to come here from time to time. (to those that know me)

any questions?

Edited by kama