UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
backfire22

Vedas And Rome

@Ursus

I am very familiar with these theories. Because you disagree or misunderstand my posts, you still shouldnt get personal.

I also think we are talking of 2 different things now.

The theory that Aryans came from the region between the Black sea and the Caspian sea, North Iran. It than split, into the Vedic and other tribes moving east, and the rest moving north being the ancestors of the Indo-Euopeans(Germanics,Slavics,Greeks,Italics,Celtics)is true. I believe this, because it is proven. And i never dismissed that, that the Aryans are the ancestors of europe. The Indo-Europeans the direct followers of these Aryans, had the same God Dyeus (greek:Zeus,Latin:Diovis Pater(jupiter),Germanics:Tyr,Slavic:Div)

That is all proven,(Dyeus was just an example).

But what i thought we are discussing, is if the Vedics who were also aryans, have a realistic link between the Indo-Europeans or not. I dont thinks so. Because the split, had split them in every level. Especially religiously. Because of various facts, especially Anthropomorphism.

If my other posts, have been misunderstood, than this post is a clear up.

I am not an academic, i am a security guard working for T

Edited by LEG X EQ

The most definate proof that they are infinately related is the fact that there entire system is called INDO(india)-European! might that ring some bells. thats what the INDO part of indo-aryan, indo-iranian, and indo-china means. INDIA. Also, the fact that hindi is part of the INDO-European language group.

I apologize for the annoyed feeling of my post.

I apologize for the annoyed feeling of my post.

No, i understand you, getting quite tired of this topic myself.

Here are a few maps to where the Aryans came from.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cfford/342indo-european.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:IE_expansion.png

The term INDO, was given later on, to describe the connection to the Vedics and the other Aryan tribes moving east. Others claim that INDO hasnt anything to do with India, but means Total. But if you belive that aryans came from India, than you have my blessings. And werent you the user that wrote that Aryans came from central Europe?

Edited by LEG X EQ

No sorry, I said they came from eastern europe. When I pointed out that indo means india, I didn't mean that Aryans came from indo, but that they were related as one group. The hypen to me represent the connection rather than the Indo which has never been applied to anything not refering to India in my knowledge and so I assume (and am agreed with from many sources world-wide) that Indo means india.

Thats the thing, if we english speaking folks stoped taking so many short cuts we wouldn't have these problems.

The Funny thing is, that i think we have been agreeing on the same thing throughout this thread, but due to Missunderstandings, we have been spinning in circles.

But trust me, i am trying my best in english, but its the best as it gets. Hope that atleast the Point of the content comes clear.

As for INDO, i also dont believe in the "Total" description, but in most german refferences prior to WWII it was described as Ario-European. Due to the Nazi regime and its Aryan propaganda, the Aryan race as such has taken a negative image, and the Term was redone as Indo-European. All europeans and those of european blood in the new-world, are Aryans. I, as a white- christian- european, am Aryan. But due to the Third Reich, the term Aryan can be viewed as racist.

Btw. You said english speaking folks, so i guess you are English??

Edited by LEG X EQ

By walking!

I dont know when the first settlers from Africa, came to europe. But The Cro Magnon, is the first, Euopean Homo sapiens. And his earliest appearence is 20,000 years ago.

Why there was such a huge Concentration of Humans in the Black sea and Caspian sea region, i dont know. Propably due to Fertillity.

Man, Ancient Rome is a long time back, and Aryans is much further back. And now you want to talk about Cro-Magnons. whats next Dinosaurs? ;)

But if you were reffering to the Afro-Japanese link, than thats different. The "africans" spread across the whole world, in form that is not like the modern Human. While they,(authors of the afro-japanese thing) claim that Modern Day Africans settled and are the ancestors of Japan and Korea.

Heres the link

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/links_to_ja..._african_la.htm

Edited by LEG X EQ

I'm just wondering, how did the our ancestors from Africa arrived into that part of Europa.

Don't take this as gospel because there is still much to figure out and there are certain gaps in the available data but this Atlas of the Human Journey - (from the National Geographic Geneography Project) should help you visualize how populations spread about the globe.

http://www.orientalia.org/

Thier forums are dead for the most part, but they still got some good links. I made a few posts a while back. Right now I'm finishing Ramakrishnans' translations of 11 Upanisads so I'll come back then and will read this topic, but I know a whole lot about Hinduism, I lived near a Hare Krishna Temple in West Virginia and trained alongside of Indian Commandos in Fairbanks, Alaska. There is a professor on the net going by the name Plamen I think, he writes occasionally on anchient christian theologians who were 'influenced' by Indian though, though I have yet to see evidence of this.

(I havn't forgotten the book reviews, been bogged down with work like you wouldn't believe! The army is giving me a computer and internet access here soon for some bizarre reason so if I get all my work done, I'll be checking in here occasionally.)