UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hey Anyone Read History Of Rome From Its Origins To 529 A.d

Guest Kalrith

Guest Kalrith

Wondering if this is an alright book for a newcomer to ancient roman history. I am starting to get interested in ancient roman history and looking for a couple good books to start off with. Plan on picking up the Roman Empire book by michael grant this weekend. Any other suggestions?

Wondering if this is an alright book for a newcomer to ancient roman history. I am starting to get interested in ancient roman history and looking for a couple good books to start off with. Plan on picking up the Roman Empire book by michael grant this weekend. Any other suggestions?

Hello Kalrith and welcome to Unrv.com! :P

Some books you might consider...

The Oxford History of the Roman World

A History of the Roman People

The Cambridge Illustrated History of the Roman World

History of the Roman World: 753 to 146 BC

Chronicle of the Roman Republic

...just to name a few...

also dont forget to check out our book review section, where forum members have reviewed some books, maybe one of them are interesting for you...

cheers

viggen

I have that book, first book I picked up. It is a very good book to get an overall history, I really like Michael grant's style of writing.