UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Nominemus Eam Libertatem!

Lost_Warrior

Lol yea, I thought of it in english, and decided to make it in Latin to be more Roman. Unfortunately, while Freedom is an acceptable (albeit strange) male name in America, apparently it was more than a bit strange in Rome ;) I may actually change it so that the child is female to correct for this, but I have not decided yet. The sex of the child really isn't all that important to the story it was simply alot of changing of words and I was likely to miss some.

Thanks btw :)

Edited by Lost_Warrior

Lost Warrior, i had no idea you had the makings of such a good author! I sincerely enjoyed that short story, and i'm usually not into short stories. It's interesting that you take the view of a female who becames a gladiator, as all the views one usually sees is of male ones. It is, perhaps, a little fantastic, but i think it'd by just the sort of story that'd get younger people into Roman history.

At any rate, i congratulate you on a very nice piece of work ;)

I really enjoyed reading this too LW, you're very descriptive, and as Tobias said, I'm not usually into short stories. Keep it up !

On the subject of female Gladiators, I believe there were many.

I remember from Gladiator during the re-enactment of the battle of Zama, there quite a black women gladiators. Who were they?

Essentially fictional creations of Ridley Scott. Not that there weren't African females ever to show up in the arena, its just that the bulk of the combat scenes were created for effect rather than historical accuracy.

And nice story by the way LW... you should continue writing.