UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Christmas Giveaway

Well what would be this place without its regular contributors?

...so in order to say thank you to our Equestrians, who participated, discussed encouraged others to sign up and just made unrv.com the place it is today, we thought it is appropriate to not only say thank you but also to give a little christmas gift to some special people...

The Triumvirate and the Patricians discussed who was contributing the most in each category and should be rewarded for it with a little christmas present from Unrv.com...

The outcome is the following;

The Postilla Historia Romanorum Award goes to Tobias,

he will receive as a little thank you the book History of the Byzantine Empire: Vol. 1, 324-1453

The Forum Peregrini Award goes to Panthagus,

he will receive as a little thank you the book The Ancient Celts

The Romana Ethicaque Moralitas Award goes to Sextus Roscius,

he will receive as a little thank you the book Slaves and Masters in the Roman Empire: A Study in Social Control

The Gloria Exercitus Award goes to Felix Marcellus,

he will receive as a little thank you the book The Making of the Roman Army: From Republic to Empire

The Templum Romae Award goes to Zeke,

he will receive as a little thank you the book Romans and Their Gods in the Age of Augustus

The Imperium Romanorum Award goes to Spurius,

he will receive as a little thank you the book Ancient Rome

There was however a little problem we had two more people tied for a place to get an award, so we thought they actually deserve an award too, the first one was

Jimbow he will receive the book Swords Against the Senate: The Rise of the Roman Army and the Fall of the Republic, the second one was

Longbow he will receive the book The Roman Army: Legions, Wars And Campaigns

Last but not least we also want to say thank you to P.Clodius and Lost Warrior for their long time contribution to this forum! They will receive a Roman Empire Map!

Thank you to all the members and Merry Christmas to everyone! :romansoldier:

p.s. the winners should please send me asap a pm with their shipping details...

regards

The Triumvirate

While I too would like to thank those members named above, I'd just like to make it clear that there are many others who help make this forum an interesting place to visit. We'd love to give a little something to everyone in appreciation and as an incentive to stick around, but alas such things can be a bit cost prohibitive. Over time though we'll be sure to find a way to share such things with all of our regulars.

Congratulations! Longbow's prize looks great, in fact I'm sure they'll all be interesting material. And merry christmas to all the members.

Salve Fratres!

si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes.et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

Pertinax, you do realize you have like five verbs, 3 adverbs, and no actual noun except for the relative pronoun hoc in one sentence that does not make sense or have the right word order or something.

I get a sense that you're trying say : If you can fasten in this bolt I will bequeath you graciously train and be near too much.

Awkward. Really Awkard

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

What? lol

Merry ChristmaHanaKwanzaYule everyone! Ok, ok, sorry, I just could not bring myself to utter the rediculously politically correct "season's greetings" May you be blessed, whatever you celebrate :blink:

Thanks...i guess. My mom is refusing to allow me to give my address so that it can be sent to me. She threw a fit when I told her...seriously. ::cry::

Thanks...i guess. My mom is refusing to allow me to give my address so that it can be sent to me. She threw a fit when I told her...seriously. ::cry::

Hey LW - why don't you have it sent to another adddress ? Your Mums work or your dads work for example ? Should skirt around your mums paranoia !

Congrats everyone !

Wow, i don't know what to say! Thank you very much! I'm sure i'll enjoy the book immensely-i'm actually lacking something to read at the moment :blink:

Again, thank you very much Triumvirate.

Cheers to all, and Merry Christmas as well!

Edited by Tobias

Thanks very much! im looking forward to reading 'Legions,wars and campaigns' sounds great!! :blink:

Merry christmas to all.

Longbow