UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Christmas Giveaway

Yea lol I guess I caught her in a bad mood the other day. I know I could never (willingly at any rate) so "no" to such an educational (and beautiful!) gift. I'm trying to think of where in my house I can hang it...and maybe stopping by AC Moore at some point to get a frame for it :P

Thanks be to all the gods. Happy Saturnalia

What P.Clodius said... :pimp:

Thank you very much! I can now mark this Cunliffe book off my Amazon wishlist!

I pledge to Mercurius to always try to keep the Peregrini Forum lively

Edited by Pantagathus

lol thanks. Seriously, I can't wait till it gets here :ph34r: (and btw it was her with the coffee, not me. I just happened to catch her in a good mood and didn't directly ask ;) )

Hey, thanks, I got you the same thing for christmas! I feel leftout....

no, please, no pity. :ph34r:

I have my own latin dictionary(hopefully) that I think my girlfriend is getting me, I only mentioned it to her a thousand times.

Hey, thanks, I got you the same thing for christmas! I feel leftout....

no, please, no pity. :D

Not to sound patronizing but you, along with several other members were 'nominated' as well. That was my only concern with doing this... we sure don't want people to feel slighted, just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. You guys who post and contribute a great deal to the site (you all know who you are) regardless of political associations or agendas or where you are in the world, will be recognized at some point.

Nobody should be motivated by the chance of winning a small 'prize', but we just want to show appreciation and actually add to the knowledge of our community in so doing, and other folks shouldn't feel slighted.

Well I get a lot more than I give, so I'm already ahead! Hopefully I can give more than just opinions over the coming year. I've invested in some more Roman books, maybe my knowledge of all things Roman will be expanded in 2006.

Everything was ordered and shipped or about to be shipped. Some of you folks overseas may be waiting a couple of weeks, but I hope everything arrives in good order.

Yes, thank you very much again from me as well. I'm looking forward to this book arriving-i'm devoid of anything to read at the moment now, since i finished "A history of the English Speaking Peoples" by Winston Churchill :)

Edited by Tobias

I'm still awaiting my fabulous book with anticipation, I'm hoping it will arrive before christmas. I just hope the delivery people don't have too hard a time finding me in good old North Carolina.

Once again thanks.

Got mine today, thx guys.

I just hope the delivery people don't have too hard a time finding me in good old North Carolina.

I love NC and go down there atleast once a month. My son lives in Wilmington, and am anxious to move there. Trouble is finding a job, the place is one heck of an economic desert!

Edited by P.Clodius

Got mine today, thx guys.

I just hope the delivery people don't have too hard a time finding me in good old North Carolina.

I love NC and go down there atleast once a month. My son lives in Wilmington, and am anxious to move there. Trouble is finding a job, the place is one heck of an economic desert!

I think you are right, there are hardly any jobs avadiable in NC if you try to find a good one that intrests you. It also depends on where you look though, I live in the peidmont region and we always have people moving to my town, mostly becuase its a university town, but I'm sure if you look in near by Raliegh you can find something. Depends on the field.

You think so? The Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area and Charlotte are full of opportunities. Raleigh is very good for education, sciences and medical fields, not bad in construction,legal and insurance. A very good high-tech base. It is my favorite place in the U.S. hands down, unfortunately because of family ties I'll be moving back to Portland/Seattle.

Charlotte's big on services, especially banking,insurance and legal. It's the largest banking center in the U.S. after NYC, believe it or not. Wilmington was booming in the 90's so I'm surprised it's not easy to find work, depends on your field of course, it's not a quite a city but a growing big town.