UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Posting Ranks Explained

Uh ... far be it from me to suggest that Christians and Agnostics should attach pagan deities to their persona.

What I was suggesting though was simply using civilian ranks of historical origin for the hierarchy rather than the current military grades.

For instance:

Someone who just signed up .... citizen without the vote

Someone who has been here long enough to warrant using the blog features and such ... citizen with the vote

Then as we move up the hierarchy we can start using things like decurion, equestrian, senator, princeps senatus , triumvir, etc. Maybe the class could be handed out by the admins on a combination of quality and quantity as opposed to mere quantity. Something to replace the old reputation point system.

Just a thought. If it proves too unworkable, never mind. :)

We will stay around for a looong time,so once we have used all military ranks we could use roman gods for the top posters...

(i would need then a list from ursus with a ranking of the top ten/twenty list of roman gods) (you can pm me for that if you like)

LOL

How many posts would you need to become "Jupiter Optimus Maximus" then :D

We changed the Usergroups to a more roman style! B)

The Usergroup Admin is now Triumvirate (hey we are three admins, so it fits! B)

The Usergroup Moderator is now Praefectus

Regular Members are now Usergroup Plebeians

Previous Members Group "Citizens" (which gives you the ability to have your own blog on UNRV, and full access to the Gallery) is now "Equestrians"

We also created a completely new Usergroup for previous "Equestrians" that contributed with articles and/or book reviews, called "Patricians" (Every month we give one roman history related book to the "Patricians" as a on going thank you for the outstanding contribution those membes have made towards UNRV.com"

Those Usergroups are not related to post count, and are elected by merit only from Admins!!!

oh, and the banned members are now "Damnatio"

Damnatio; now that's class B)

I may be hallucinating, but i thought that i saw something similar to this set-up before in the website when i was newly joined?

Ah well, it's great anyway B)

I like it alot better, and as a plebian, I can become a (what ever that office was. tribune I think?) instead of just being a plain old member. But I guess underneath the vanity, Its still the same lol.

Oh yes, I see Viggen has taken advantage of the recent change and made him self "Imperator" All Hail! (or else I suppose but anyways) All hail!

But what ever, I'm still having fun! :sniper: B)

Tirones:

This level you reach with your first post.

Milites:

With your 10th post you become this title.

Discens:

You need 20 post to get this title

Immunes:

You need 40 post to get this title

Cornicen:

You need 70 post to get this title

Imaginifer:

You need 110 post to get this title

Tesserarius:

You need 150 post to get this title

Optio:

You need 200 post to get this title

Signifer:

You need 260 post to get this title

Aquilifer:

You need 320 post to get this title

Princepales:

You need 380 post to get this title

Pilus Prior:

You need 450 post to get this title

Primus Pilus:

You need 520 post to get this title

How long it takes to get to the next rank, well you just have to post to find out!

Visit our Legions Page for an explanations on what those ranks mean.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also several Usergroups;

The Usergroup Admin is Triumvirate (hey we are three admins, so it fits! :)

The Usergroup Moderator is Praefectus

Regular Members are now Usergroup Plebeians

Previous Members Group "Citizens" (which gives you the ability to have your own blog on UNRV, and full access to the Gallery) is now "Equestrians"

banned members are now "Damnatio"

We also created a completely new Usergroup for previous "Equestrians" that contributed with articles and/or book reviews, called "Patricians" (Every month we give one roman history related book to the "Patricians" as a on going thank you for the outstanding contribution those membes have made towards UNRV.com"

Those Usergroups are not related to post count, need to be registered members for at least (one month to become Equestrian and three months to become Patrician) and are elected by merit only from Admins!!!

Just out of curiosity, and not wanting any names mentioned, have any other people been given the "Damnatio" status apart from Spartacus?

There have been several banned members. I believe the most recent was Imperator Marzellus, the majority of whose posts I have deleted from record.

That was Viggen playing around. He made all Plebeians 'slaves' until they have 10 posts. Unfortunately, it reverted everyone, even if they already have the required post count. It's our theory that as soon as any of the former plebes make another post they will be immediately freed from their temporary servitude. ;)

Looking at that nifty spread of centurion types, you guys could possibly have quite a few more steps before going to the high ranks (ie Hastatus Prior Hastatus Posterior et cetera). Also 'Princepales' seems to be the name for a group of officers and not a specific one?