UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Architecture & Technology Forum?

To be honest, the ethics folder is a bit of a hold over from the days when we had one or two personalities especially dedicated to "deconstructing" Roman civilization. I'm glad to see Primus Pilus has expanded its scope. I applaud the decision.

Furthermore, this lets us keep the Imperium folder as a strictly historical and political folder. I suppose someday when I get bored I'll comb the Imperium folder and transfer all relevant threads to the humanities folder.

Furthermore, this lets us keep the Imperium folder as a strictly historical and political folder. I suppose someday when I get bored I'll comb the Imperium folder and transfer all relevant threads to the humanities folder.

Please do. Eternal vigilance is the price of imperium.

Indeed, the medicine and herbal information would tie in with the idea as well, falling under the medical abilities, technology, etc.

Personaly I've always wanted to do some peices on Roman engineering and water works in particular. I've always found that area in particular fasansting. How they could do things not heard of until world war 1, like provide running water to everyone in a city. I've acumulated alot of knowledge about Roman engineering technology from various places.

But there really seems to be no good place to discuss it on this website. The general purpose Imperium Romanum always works for most things, but some how it seems to me to be obscure from the general things, as Imperium Romanum is usualy about political issues.

So I'm very glad we've changed the Ethics Forum to a wider range of topics, and if needed we can expanded to more specialized forums.

I hope you are able to do this , as the "plumbing" fits well with the medicines , I have tried to start debates about sanitation and water supply previously.

People actually care about this stuff? I gave up discussing it before I joined the military back in Feb 04, I had a website talking about the Mechanican and Liberal arts, and nobody came (I've amassed a whopping 700 clicks, 3/4ths of them mine). I adventually just turned it into a link site for my personnel use. Damn, if ACS will finally come and hook up my DSL, I'll start putting stuff up here on the site on the subject.

Here's what left of my site, it's so disorganized with most of the sections not even accessible from the main page. If you click around, you may find a page with grey lizard backgrounds talking about the mechanical arts.

www.ctisphonics.tk

Edited by Onasander

I hope you are able to do this , as the "plumbing" fits well with the medicines , I have tried to start debates about sanitation and water supply previously.

Yes, I'm actually writing a peice about aqueducts now, I plan on writing a article on Roman Plumbing at some point or another.

Yes, I'm actually writing a peice about aqueducts now, I plan on writing a article on Roman Plumbing at some point or another.

Excellent, I hope we can debate the "lead " problem in the future. I have had a lot of pm discussion on this topic and would like to kick it about in the forum.

btw. PP wrote an article about Lead in the Roman Empire a while back...

cheers

viggen

thank you -I had overlooked that , I will knock together some additional notes from my pm discussions to add to that useful piece.

• 4 weeks later...