UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Simple Roman Dish

Pantagathus

Anything about beer link to Pantagathus's site , what he doesnt know can be written on the back of a stamp.Just go to his profile to get the link , the entries are "modern" but his knowledge is based ona great depth of historical knowledge.

My Friend, you are too kind to a site that is woefully lacking in content and too often neglected by it's author... ;)

Now, as to M. Porcius Cato's question about keeping the dryness down; the wine soaked roll helps as does keeping the temperature down when cooking but I would say the key is to not use too lean of meat. (Which kinda of contradicts my comment about using kibbeh fine meat but just ignore that!) So 70/30 for juicy and 80/20 if you insist on keeping the fat content down...

I presume the meat must have a fine marbling of good fat then to impart flavour? ( Our Paterfamilias ruled only meat of a deep garnet colour with rich yellow fat generously veined like an augen gneiss)