UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Anyone Know Any Great Kids Resources?

sullafelix

Hullo all

Been away for a longish Xmas break and am now also teaching at secondary school. I am teaching an unusual and fab bunch of kids with high IQs and various learning difficulties. Concentration is not their strongpoint!!

But they are loving the whole Rome thang and I was wondering if any of you guys can think of some good kids resource sites. Nothing that requires more than about 10 minutes at a time mind. They are from about 12-17. Social history is v definately their thing!

Teachers sites are very useful but there is not much on the Classical Civilisations front.

Cheers for any help by the way!

Sullafelix

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/romans/ for that they are probably too old...

however they might like this little mysterious murder game <_<

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/roman...deathrome.shtml

cheers

viggen

Wicked I think that game will keep them amused for a bit

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for...but the Asterix comic book series is a lot of fun. It follows Asterix the Gaul, and a lot of his romps against the Romans, in particular, and other peoples of the time. Lots of hijinx, but gets kids to look up the historical accuracies of the comics. Added bonus: they're printed in multiple languages.

Guest philologos

The MS Age of Empires "Rise of Rome" is great for kids. They can do various Roman campaigns which are fun, and which introduce them to some of the different Roman generals, and enemy generals, such as Hannibal. My kids loved it.

www.bloodyfunny.com