Guest Lonnie

Can someone translate these sentances into Latin for me please,

its imortant.

Forever family

Our hearts are forever tied

Let us be together forever

Thank you.x

Guest Lonnie
Semper Familia (or Familia in Aeternitate)

Cordes nostrae semper conectunt.

semper simitu simus

Thank you.

Are you positive they are correct?,

because they are going to be used for a tattoo

Guest bbae

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

what does that mean? its in my friends profile, and i really want to know what he is trying to ask.

Guest bbae

thanks so much :D ur good

BROWNIE POINTS FOR YOU :)

oh btw, can u also translate this:

"If the Radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky

that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One. I am become death,

the destroyer of worlds."

its by Oppenheimer after the atomic bomb incident, and this quote is really moving to me, its also from a

sacred hindu text i think. if u can translate it that would be superb!

Edited by bbae

Isn't that actually a more famous quote... 'Who will guard the guardians?'. The context may be wrong, but I'm sure that was the intended verse.

"If the Radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky

that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One. I am become death,

the destroyer of worlds."

Si jubar millium solium statim in caelum exploduerunt ut id simile decorem Dei esset. Mors factus sum, vastator

mundorum.

Not sure if its a purpose clause or indirect statement or even something else, so don't trust me.I changed the words by the way but with the same exact meaning though.

Semper means always, but it can be used. But other adverbs that literally mean forever is perpetuo and aeternaliter. Well don't take my advice yet, see what Scerio has to say first,he's the expert. . Isn't there a verbed called consum that means be together?

in perpetuo (from perpetuum) and perpetue (from perpetuus, -a, -um) and aeterne (from aeternus, -a, -um) all can be used.

Consum means "to happen" and is only found in future forms. However, that changed when we get to renaissance and neo-Latin, (Boyle uses "consist"...not sure exactly how that was derived, though), so I suppose it's possible. Possible, but misleading.

Hi, i do latin at school :) Its my all time favourite subject and i also love history in general paticurlary Rome :D Ive only done it for a year so far so i dont know that much.. but i am still more than willing to help out.

Keep me posted

You are very much welcomed, but be prepared, people ask you to translate types of sentences and clauses which I'm pretty sure a first year hasn't learned yet. But don't worry, there's always Scerio to correct you. ^_^

(note: sometimes take it seriously, for some reason, we have people asking it to translate it so they can put on their body as a tattoo, so you would want to give people the wrong words on their body would you. :) )